DONE DEAL* ... | The Boneyard

DONE DEAL* ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Temple has been voted in this morning, per CBS.

* Football-only for 2012, all-sports starting in 2013. (Gee thanks, Villanova)...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am mostly indifferent. Temple is the warmest body available, and is in the Northeast. There has been some good games between UConn and Temple over the years, and the basketball program is excellent. This means that either Louisville is gone or Navy is not coming.

The best part of this is that I fully expect Temple to finish ahead of both Pitt and Syracuse. My quick and dirty prediction:

1) Cincinnati
2) Louisville
3) UConn
4) Rutgers
5) USF
6) Temple
7) Syracuse
8) Pitt

Reaction Score
Temple has been voted in this morning, per CBS.

* Football-only for 2012, all-sports starting in 2013. (Gee thanks, Villanova)...

That probably has more to do with Temple not wanting to pay the A-Ten extra money for leaving early. But hey -- why not take a shot at a Catholic school just for the heck of it.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
That probably has more to do with Temple not wanting to pay the A-Ten extra money for leaving early. But hey -- why not take a shot at a Catholic school just for the heck of it.

Or it could be that Nova is demanding that TU hoops be delayed one season and/or an additional territorial-rights fee in exchange for going along with all of this, who knows?

But more to the point: frankly, who cares?

We've got our eight teams now - better that we play Temple at the Rent than Stonybrook or some other 1AA...

Reaction Score
I know it doesn't mean much to most of the people out there, especially not the basketball crazies.....but a Pasqualoni recruited and coached UConn team vs. an Addazio recruited and coached Temple team at Rentschler field in the fall, is a pretty exciting thing to me, and will be for a lot of local people in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Cha Ching. We are so set now. What used to be considered a lackluster ooc game that Randy Edsall usually did his best to lose is now a CONFERENCE game.

Reaction Score
Cha Ching. We are so set now. What used to be considered a lackluster ooc game that Randy Edsall usually did his best to lose is now a CONFERENCE game.
now we can put Buffalo back on the schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Have we really fallen this far so fast?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score

As part of this decision, the Big East Board of Directors also expressed its support for Villanova's football program. The Wildcats, who play in the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA), had been a strong candidate to move up and join the Big East. The league said Villanova would be a prime candidate in potential future expansion in football.
"We appreciate the Big East's demonstration of support for our football program, which provides Villanova with financial resources to continue positioning our football program in the context of supporting our Strategic Plan," he said.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/villanova/20120307_Villanova_welcomes_Temple_to_Big_East.html#ixzz1oTmcnOXq
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1