Donald Brown | The Boneyard

Donald Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DB has looked VERY good tonight...BUT the play of the game was Colts punter Pat McAfee LAYING out Broncos WR/KR Trindon Holliday on a kickoff. Holliday got up and started strutting around because he had a good return..he should have walked back silently...the kicker decleated him!!!

Reaction Score
DB has looked VERY good tonight...BUT the play of the game was Colts punter Pat McAfee LAYING out Broncos WR/KR Trindon Holliday on a kickoff. Holliday got up and started strutting around because he had a good return..he should have walked back silently...the kicker decleated him!!!
I get that he's a kicker but Mcafee is 6'1 235, Trindon Holiday is 5'5 170. Mcafee also led with his helmet, that hit wasn't a big deal at all. Anyone who outweighs someone by 70 lbs. and gets a running start is supposed to launch the other guy.

Reaction Score
Darius has been solid tonight, blanketing whoever he has been covering including Welker. Hasn't been targeted much for sure.

Reaction Score
I get that he's a kicker but Mcafee is 6'1 235, Trindon Holiday is 5'5 170. Mcafee also led with his helmet, that hit wasn't a big deal at all. Anyone who outweighs someone by 70 lbs. and gets a running start is supposed to launch the other guy.
All well and good...don't start strutting around like you brought one back to the house...a few plays before that he put one on the ground that Indy returned for a TD only to get boned on..they scored anyway on offense so it didn't matter. Holliday was also at full speed as well. Fact remains he got laid out by a kicker...

Reaction Score
Butler looks a bit hobbled now that he's back

Reaction Score
Butler looks a bit hobbled now that he's back

When he came out of the game, Denver had their best drive. He is really solid in the right scheme. Struggled with physical WRs early, but he can blanket the Jitterbug Welker types that give so many fits. My memories of him in NE are of him getting abused by Braylon Edwards and Anquan Boldin.

Reaction Score
When he came out of the game, Denver had their best drive. He is really solid in the right scheme. Struggled with physical WRs early, but he can blanket the Jitterbug Welker types that give so many fits. My memories of him in NE are of him getting abused by Braylon Edwards and Anquan Boldin.
With the change to the smalli/quick slot wr after Welker's success in New England easy to see why Butler has done so well in Indy.

Reaction Score
The only time Welker had any room to catch the ball on this drive was when Butler got picked on that 4th down pass.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Donald and Darius makin' us proud. Great game to watch. Thoroughly enjoyable. Love all the kudos DB is finally getting. Indy forums changing their view on our boy.

Reaction Score
He still needs work on pass protection. On the play that Reggie Wayne got hurt, DB leaped at the feet of a rusher who went right over the top of him and disrupted the play. If DB hits the guy in the middle and stands him up. Luck has time, Wayne has a catch and walks to the end zone. If Donald wants to take the next step. If he really wants to earn the trust of his QB. He needs get that in order.

Reaction Score
Man I miss Donald. He wore defenses down big time in college. Glad we got away from that mentality with P and GDL. Now we have prototypes and a pro-style offense. WTF is a prototype anyway?............

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Darius has been solid tonight, blanketing whoever he has been covering including Welker. Hasn't been targeted much for sure.

I was noticing that too. Butler was covering Welker and other slot receivers and Manning looked them off frequently.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
He still needs work on pass protection. On the play that Reggie Wayne got hurt, DB leaped at the feet of a rusher who went right over the top of him and disrupted the play. If DB hits the guy in the middle and stands him up. Luck has time, Wayne has a catch and walks to the end zone. If Donald wants to take the next step. If he really wants to earn the trust of his QB. He needs get that in order.

I agree...but you found the one glaring whiff he had last night....overall, he's gotten quite a bit better at pass blocking. He actually makes contacts with guys instead of his usual nose dive. Even the haters on the Colts Forum have warmed up to him (maybe it's just because Trent has bumped Donald down on the hated list) and they see him as a much-improved overall player.
BTW the Trent defenders point out that Donald had to "find his NFL form." I think that means they had to figure out how to run block. Imagine how well Max would find his collegiate form if our line could get him some room and TJ would give him the reps.

Reaction Score
New England no longer plays zone. Darius was bad at it.
They'd love to have Darius back now. Unfortunately, they kept a guy that could play zone, Arrington, and now that guy is bad at man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom