Donald Brown retiring. | The Boneyard

Donald Brown retiring.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hard to believe he's still only 29... feels like we've been in hell a lot longer than that.

Maybe he'll do a grad assistant role this year and help Arkeel break all his single-season records!

Reaction Score
Proud to have witnessed his UConn career in person. An excellent representative of our University.

"Paging Donald Brown. Coach Edsall on the line. "Donnie, I heard that you have some free time on your hands. Interested in stopping by the Burton Center & tutoring Arkeel & the rest of the rb crew? And while your at it, when you go home to Jersey to visit the relatives, can you do some recruiting for the Program?"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Proud to have witnessed his UConn career in person. An excellent representative of our University.

"Paging Donald Brown. Coach Edsall on the line. "Donnie, I heard that you have some free time on your hands. Interested in stopping by the Burton Center & tutoring Arkeel & the rest of the rb crew? And while your at it, when you go home to Jersey to visit the relatives, can you do some recruiting for the Program?"

I keep going back to videos of him lifting. Love to see him in a S&C role. Especially because of the mentoring the Strength coach gets to do with players.

Reaction Score
He'd be a perfect fit on our staff. Hope he gets in a Master's Program up in Storrs. If so, good news for our staff.

Reaction Score

I would like the idea of him jumping right into coaching the RBs immediately after retirement.

Matter of fact, does anybody think DJ Hernandez would come back, too? Is TEs coach still vacant?

Reaction Score
He almost always ran behind sub-standard lines in the NFL. In my opinion, he and Orlovsky are neck and neck for the greatest UCONN players.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the memories DB. I'll always love rocking his jersey!

ExDCayj.jpg

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I would like the idea of him jumping right into coaching the RBs immediately after retirement.

Matter of fact, does anybody think DJ Hernandez would come back, too? Is TEs coach still vacant?

Edsalls son is the TE coach and DJ has said in the past he will never coach again.

Reaction Score
Met his Mom Dad and Sis in Toronto. Class family all the way!!! And to think Virginia wanted him as a DB. RE said you are good enough to play on offense.:):):):)

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Avg NFL career for a RB is 3.5 years. Donald had an excellent career.

3,800 all purpose yards in the NFL is nothing to sneeze at.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Absolutely one of my favorite UConn fballer of all time
Really didn't think he landed in the right situation in the NFL
Thought he may fit in with the Pats but always wished the Gmen would have given him a shot
The guy had heart and desire
Best of luck Donald

Reaction Score
I keep going back to videos of him lifting. Love to see him in a S&C role. Especially because of the mentoring the Strength coach gets to do with players.
I'd like to bring this guy back in a S&C roll....@JonHicks55
IMG_0047.PNG

Reaction Score
Donald Brown is retiring?? I guess we won't see many UConn players in the NFL next year....

Reaction Score
Maybe as an undrafted FA it would, but as a 1st rounder he's honestly a huge bust

But a classy guy and wish him success

Avg NFL career for a RB is 3.5 years. Donald had an excellent career.

3,800 all purpose yards in the NFL is nothing to sneeze at.

Reaction Score
Maybe as an undrafted FA it would, but as a 1st rounder he's honestly a huge bust

But a classy guy and wish him success

How did I guess? If anyone was going to make a negative comment about Donald Brown it would be you. Congratulations!!

Reaction Score
Umm, get a clue, I'm not negative on him personally, I like him and wish him the best

I just don't know how you can say as a 1st round pick he had a great career

How did I guess? If anyone was going to make a negative comment about Donald Brown it would be you. Congratulations!!

Reaction Score
Nothing to sneeze at = great career. Got it.

Love Donald Brown! He got my Ohio St friend watching and pulling for UCONN football.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Donald Brown is entirely under rated. Only 26 other human beings have ever done what he accomplished. It's like being an Apollo astronaut. The way the national press treated him that year was shameful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom