Don Brown to UMass | The Boneyard

Don Brown to UMass

Reaction Score
Genuine question here... doesn't Arizona suck? Is it just that their offense is horrifically awful, but their defense is good, so their DC is getting HC looks?

Reaction Score
Genuine question here... doesn't Arizona suck? Is it just that their offense is horrifically awful, but their defense is good, so their DC is getting HC looks?
The defense has improved a lot

Reaction Score
Love Brown. He was good for the Huskies. He'll turn 67 this July. Spendng more time with the grand kids is probably part of the reason he wants to return to New England

Reaction Score
Love Brown. He was good for the Huskies. He'll turn 67 this July. Spendng more time with the grand kids is probably part of the reason he wants to return to New England
He has a house very close to me on Cape Cod.

Reaction Score
The gap between Walt Bell at HC & Don Brown at DC of Arizona is wide. $650 to $1.8m - and that's not easy for that Program to raise. Plus the Bell commentary that the University won't invest the required dollars.

IF ... we do get Brown versus Mora, I am excited. We are gonna be better off if UMass can play. A 5 year run by both Mora & Brown would be fabulous.

upon reading the attached: the head coach compensation isn't an awful reach. He is only supposed to get $800k next year

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The gap between Walt Bell at HC & Don Brown at DC of Arizona is wide. $650 to $1.8m - and that's not easy for that Program to raise. Plus the Bell commentary that the University won't invest the required dollars.

IF ... we do get Brown versus Mora, I am excited. We are gonna be better off if UMass can play.
Why? Who cares whether UMass is any good…they are a schedule filler and no more. We are not looking to them for “quality” games, and even if they are good they are perceived as irrelevant so it doesn’t really matter. I’d just assume they keep on sucking, we take the win, and try to collect scalps the public actually cares about.

Reaction Score
Staff at Arizona likely getting axed at season end. He's probably looking for his next thing.

Reaction Score
Don Briwn really did a great job as DC and developing players.

Reaction Score
I hope he goes there. He did very well there last time he was HC and I can only assume that with the added coaching experience at UConn, Michigan and Arizona that he will do good things for UMass. A decent UMass gives UConn a good yearly rival to get fans of both schools something to get excited for.

Reaction Score
Staff at Arizona likely getting axed at season end. He's probably looking for his next thing.
He should come coach our defense again. His defensive mind with Moras would probably create one hell of a defense.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Why? Who cares whether UMass is any good…they are a schedule filler and no more. We are not looking to them for “quality” games, and even if they are good they are perceived as irrelevant so it doesn’t really matter. I’d just assume they keep on sucking, we take the win, and try to collect scalps the public actually cares about.
That's getting a little big for the britches there. We have to ACTUALLY get better before we can start looking down our noses at anybody.
And...um...UMass beat us.
A regional rivalry between two teams who are improving from laughable to respectable...I'd take that.

Reaction Score
I believe if UConn, UMass and BCU are good I think it is a win win for New England. It would be nice to have 3 great winning teams.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I believe if UConn, UMass and BCU are good I think it is a win win for New England. It would be nice to have 3 great winning teams.
A good UConn and UMass is good for New England. NOT BC. Never BC- they don't contribute anything to New England- their plan to be New England's team devolved into New England football taking a big hit.

Reaction Score
I would open the front door and start screaming if Mora somehow was able to get him . He is PAC-12 in Mora old turf.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom