Don’t Worry Be Happy | The Boneyard

Don’t Worry Be Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m pretty upbeat after what we saw last night against a quality opponent. At one point in the second half we went 1-14 and the ball would not go down so that win should have been a comfortable 10 points. The good news is that we have a lot of players with talent and it’s up to Hurley to push the proper button to get results and I’m sure there are going to be games where it does not work. The stat that stands out against such a big team is 42-31 on rebounds, bodes well. I would like another player to be able to create his own shot off the dribble and break down the defense. Cole and Martin can do that a little bit but what about Akok? But in general there’s not a lot to worry about at this point, right?

Reaction Score
I agree. Our main problem going in was defense, and we gave up exactly four points in the last seven minutes against a quality opponent. When you win on your defensive effort, you tend to win ugly. UConn set the standard for that in the 2011 title game against Butler. If you want ethereal beauty, go see The Nutcracker.

Reaction Score
I’d like to see us run more set plays for Bouk, Jackson and Whaley. The old “Hamilton to Brimah alley oop” play would be perfect for all the athletes we have on this year’s team. Attack the middle of the floor and throw it up there for them to get. I thought this year was supposed to be lob city?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My biggest issue is the dumb fouls. Bouk needs to play a full, hard 40 with Cole, Gaffney, and Martin being more aggressive

Reaction Score
I’m pretty upbeat after what we saw last night against a quality opponent. At one point in the second half we went 1-14 and the ball would not go down so that win should have been a comfortable 10 points. The good news is that we have a lot of players with talent and it’s up to Hurley to push the proper button to get results and I’m sure there are going to be games where it does not work. The stat that stands out against such a big team is 42-31 on rebounds, bodes well. I would like another player to be able to create his own shot off the dribble and break down the defense. Cole and Martin can do that a little bit but what about Akok? But in general there’s not a lot to worry about at this point, right?

This why the team needs Polley on the floor. His tendency to pick up meaningless fouls has slowed our offense. He is getting much more attention by opponents this season. Tyler Phommachanh is the only besides Bouk who could score in bunches. He can also pull opponents out of a zone or open up space as they move to defend the arc.

If Polly was scoring his average 8 points a game, the final scores would look different. His outside shooting would make a much bigger difference than another guy driving the lane. It woud help everyone else on the floor.

Reaction Score
This why the team needs Polley on the floor. His tendency to pick up meaningless fouls has slowed our offense. He is getting much more attention by opponents this season. Tyler Phommachanh is the only besides Bouk who could score in bunches. He can also pull opponents out of a zone or open up space as they move to defend the arc.

If Polly was scoring his average 8 points a game, the final scores would look different. His outside shooting would make a much bigger difference than another guy driving the lane. It woud help everyone else on the floor.
Polley has been absolutely horrible the last two games. Thats why he hasnt been on the floor.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I agree. Our main problem going in was defense, and we gave up exactly four points in the last seven minutes against a quality opponent. When you win on your defensive effort, you tend to win ugly. UConn set the standard for that in the 2011 title game against Butler. If you want ethereal beauty, go see The Nutcracker.

“If you want ethereal beauty, go see The Nutcracker.”

That is a fantastic line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member