Dominoes Falling in our favor | The Boneyard

Dominoes Falling in our favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well now that you linked to the prestigious UConn Blog I believe that everything will fall into our favor.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good point on McMurphy. He is a mouthpiece for ESPN's business side, and he dropped UConn's name.

Reaction Score
So if Rutgers leaves and UConn leaves how in the world does the BE survive?

If it does it will truly be a MAC type conference, if it already isn't, and you would think it's only a matter of time before UL gets sucked up by the Big 12 along with BYU.

Or FSU and Clemson go to the Big 12 and then....screw it.

Here we go again.

If we do go to the ACC I will feel bad for the remaining members.

Reaction Score
McMurphy is usually right - I hope he's right about UCONN to ACC

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So if Rutgers leaves and UConn leaves how in the world does the BE survive? If we do go to the ACC I will feel bad for the remaining members.

It doesn't. And I would feel exactly like you would feel.

Boise and SDSU, upon hearing that type of news, would call up the MW, knowing that the new BE tv deal would soon become crap. Their top Bowl access would be the same as the BE (group of 5). Whatever small amount of money they would lose out on in the NBE contract (minus RU and UConn) would be made up for by the increase to their olympic sports by going back to the MW. The rest of the Big East would take on the look of some sort of MAC - A10 conglomerate.

This is a conference that I have loved since I was a little boy. I'd hate to ever see it die. But if it is destined to die, I want UConn to fly to safety...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

So do I. I think this raid signals that the Big 12 is not done. Louisville has a good shot at a life raft. Not sure who else though.

I expect the new members to pick through CUSA and the MWC again. They will solidify their claim on the last BCS slot, but their TV deal will suck.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Boise and SDSU, upon hearing that type of news, would call up the MW, knowing that the new BE tv deal would soon become crap. Their top Bowl access would be the same as the BE (group of 5). Whatever small amount of money they would lose out on in the NBE contract (minus RU and UConn) would be made up for by the increase to their olympic sports by going back to the MW. The rest of the Big East would take on the look of some sort of MAC - A10 conglomerate.

This is a conference that I have loved since I was a little boy. I'd hate to ever see it die. But if it is destined to die, I want UConn to fly to safety...

MWC is not a viable home anymore. Too much detritus. They will pick through the MWC and CUSA.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
MWC is not a viable home anymore. Too much detritus. They will pick through the MWC and CUSA.

If the tv deal turns to crap, and the bowl access is the same, they will not go the "cross-country" route anymore. In fact, it would behoove them to go back to the MW, finish 12-0 (in the case of Boise), and have a real chance at a playoff game. If not, they would undoubtedly be the top seed of the Group of 5, and get the at-large bowl. No need to take a loss from someone like a USF or a UL (if they haven't already left)...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

If it does it will truly be a MAC type conference, if it already isn't, and you would think it's only a matter of time before UL gets sucked up by the Big 12 along with BYU.

Here we go again.

Yeah, and people will call us hypocrites and stuff, but you know what? If the choice is survival (ACC) or death (NNNBE), well, I choose survival... lets gtf outta dodge while we can.

(er... if we can.)

Big East really then becomes CUSA. It is now, but that really seals it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I sure hope UConn has a chair when the music stops. If we're stuck in the NBE, then they might as well take the upper deck off of the Rent and recycle the concrete for the busway.

Reaction Score
The Big East could survive by adding basketball only schools in the East and football only schools in the West.

UMASS and Xavier basketball only and 3 football only schools out West. Let the Catholic schools pick the basketball teams and let Boise and SDSU pick the football teams.

Believe it or not it would still be a top three basketball league and the 6th best football league.

We need to hope for this as a contingency in case we get screwed again.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

Dan, I'm sorry, but its already dead man walking....

Reaction Score
N-CUSA and the N-MWC have turned into a mess. Best thing would be for UCF, USF, UH and SMU to start their own conference in the Southeast and BSU and SDSU to do the same in the West. Hopefully UL and UC are invited to the Big12. Big East would be the Catholic schools.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
N-CUSA and the N-MWC have turned into a mess. Best thing would be for UCF, USF, UH and SMU to start their own conference in the Southeast and BSU and SDSU to do the same in the West. Hopefully UL and UC are invited to the Big12. Big East would be the Catholic schools.

The big con for the NNBE schools is that the TV contract gets slashed if the BE loses 2-4 more schools. The good news is that if Rutgers, UConn, Louisville and Cincinnati all leave, the NNBE can pick apart CUSA and MWC to the point that those two leagues will never get the BCS slot.

Reaction Score

Here we go again.

The short answer is it doesn't. The football schools reorganize as the new CUSA, and are still the 6th best league. The Catholics league and form their own hoops conference. And I'm fully with Sports Art on this -- I love it when our rivals eat dirt on the field, but I take no pleasure in any institution being screwed by this ridiculous power grab being made by what are supposed to be non profit institutions.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I hope the B1G wants to go to 16. It doesn't make sense too, but still, I hope they do and we're one of the 4 they add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom