OT: Domestic Travel | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Domestic Travel

Reaction Score

Everyone needs to listen to this guy and I mean everyone.

Reaction Score
My son has a home in Carnelian Bay and we usually meet up to do some spring skiing at Squaw. I'm a CPA so can't usually leave until tax season is up. No filing extension so we're still stuck no matter what! He's been sending me great pictures of the lake and snow dump everyday!

Can't ski it though right, unless you skin up? Think all the north american ski resorts are closed.

Reaction Score
Fixed it for you.

That works too, if it takes our police force acting like nazis against these idiots in order to stop the spread I'm all for it, anyone who is a witness to these partiers should report it as well.

Reaction Score
People who dont cooperate with isolation should get arrested.

Agree, however if we enforce that everyone would complain about how we’re living in a dictatorship:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yesterday was first day in China that they didn't have any new cases since it started. Once we can get to that point we can be on the climb back to some normalcy.
Yeah, like I believe any information coming out of China.

Reaction Score
It’s already too late.
No it's not but it's a major problem that some people and some states still aren't doing the things the rest of us are doing. It's like they want to prolong the pain.

Reaction Score
It may still be going on and go on for more than a year, having small outbreaks but I think we peak in 2-3 weeks and then have linear growth instead of exponential growth and then it will fade after some time. My point is things will have to return after a few weeks. We can't have this shutdown go on for months, it would be far more damaging than the hospitalizations and the deaths, our economy would be completely wrecked. It's why these next few weeks of shutdown/social isolation are so important and why it drives me crazy many people aren't practicing it and some whole states aren't really practicing it. It's all about spreading hospitalizations out over time instead of having it all happen at once overwhelming our health system.
There is no “we” to peak. “We” here are behind the northeast, and places like Arizona are behind us. So there’s that. Secondly, “peaking” involves a drop off after; that’s going to take a lot longer than 3 weeks. I don’t think we’ve hit 100 confirmed cases here yet.

There’s a naval hospital ship docked here in SD. The CA governor this morning said to prepare for Italy-like precautions i.e. martial law. A few hours later, ex-Navy I know who has a friend in the national guard says he got called up for this weekend. Maybe certain areas peak in 2-3 months; not 2-3 weeks. And even if it’s that soon, the then tapering off of the outbreak will take a long long time. Think of a bell curve skewed left with the x axis being time.

Reaction Score
What is your definition of “over?”
I should have said “controlled”. Until there’s a vaccine, given the incubation period, this is going to be going on a long, long time. Different areas of the country are being affected at different times. We will think it’s fine in 4 weeks and stop isolating, only for spread to pick back up. There’s only so much isolating you can do. My 26 year brother just got it earlier this week, felt like he had a really bad flu. He was being responsible but just lives in an urban area and there’s only so much you can do. Touch a door handle then touch your face without thinking about it? You got it.

Reaction Score
There is no “we” to peak. “We” here are behind the northeast, and places like Arizona are behind us. So there’s that. Secondly, “peaking” involves a drop off after; that’s going to take a lot longer than 3 weeks. I don’t think we’ve hit 100 confirmed cases here yet.

There’s a naval hospital ship docked here in SD. The CA governor this morning said to prepare for Italy-like precautions i.e. martial law. A few hours later, ex-Navy I know who has a friend in the national guard says he got called up for this weekend. Maybe certain areas peak in 2-3 months; not 2-3 weeks. And even if it’s that soon, the then tapering off of the outbreak will take a long long time. Think of a bell curve skewed left with the x axis being time.
Whether it peaks in 2-3 months in some areas instead of 2-3 weeks and the tapering off is a long long time we can't shut down all domestic air travel for 6 months and can't shut down businesses for several months. the effects of that would be worse than anything this virus could do.

The numbers out of Italy are horrible but maybe a glimmer of good news.
IMG_18361.png

Reaction Score
Nah, I'll take Manhattan 100 times out of 100.

Edit: But to each their own.
Never liked the nightlife vibe in Hoboken, I'm sure it's only gotten worse. Hoboken is such a strange place. It's remade itself a million times over the years. When my dad and uncles were late teens early 20's you would drink in Manhattan and then continue your drinking late night/early mornings in Hoboken. It was a rough place back then.

Reaction Score
Luckily, the Tahoe ski resorts had a huge Dec, Jan, and Feb. Had this developed in the fall/early winter, game over.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
California just issued a mandatory stay at home order.

Reaction Score
Was going to Medellin in April for vacation, obviously no longer. Nobody should be flying anywhere for anything.
This. I saw only today, March 19th, that the State Dept is recommending people don't travel internationally. What? Recommending? Ground every damn passenger flight immediately. The fact we are letting people get on airplanes and fly all over the place is something I'm having trouble comprehending.

Reaction Score
My wedding is supposed to be in Charleston on April 19th. Good thing we spent two years planning it and the event insurance we were required to purchase doesn’t cover an outbreak. We’re paying either way so we’ll see what happens.
I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure you aren't alone. My wife when we were saving for our wedding told me if we couldn't save up enough money to have a nice little wedding we'll just get married in the driveway in front of some friends and family and that will be good enough. We managed to save enough for a small wedding (certainly by today's standards- about 50+ people) but the driveway would've been just fine with me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom