Dom Amore: Yes, it happened here. UConn football mastered the moment, beat Liberty and can celebrate bowl eligibility. | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: Yes, it happened here. UConn football mastered the moment, beat Liberty and can celebrate bowl eligibility.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

->“That’s something you dream about,” linebacker Jackson Mitchell said. “When you say you want to play college football, Division I football, as a little kid, these are the moments you dream of. Beating a ranked team, at home? Moments like that. That’s what I told the guys in the huddle on that last drive, ‘These are the moments you live out when you’re in your backyard by yourself.’ For it to come through and work out in our favor, it feels amazing.”<-

->“Man, this is even better than what I imagined,” said fullback Robert Burns, a grad transfer from Miami who rushed for a career-high 109 yards. “It’s a beautiful feeling, man. Last year, having only one win, I can’t tell you the stuff we went through as a team, the bond it created.”<-

->“It was unbelievable,” said linebacker Ian Swenson, who had to catch his breath before speaking after the final home game of a UConn career that began in 2017. “There are so many emotions. Being able to win this game and the fans storming the field, it’s something special. You only get to achieve that a few times in your life, well, once for me.”<-

->“This is just a fun, fun, fun team to coach,” Mora said. “It’s the most fun I’ve ever had in coaching and the best group of people I’ve ever been around.”<-

Reaction Score
“It would be hard to imagine a bigger one-year turn-around anywhere,” Benedict said. “It’s just massive, the job that he’s done.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom