Dom Amore: With brawnier Huskies, Dan Hurley’s faith in Sal Alosi is paying dividends | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: With brawnier Huskies, Dan Hurley’s faith in Sal Alosi is paying dividends

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Three biggest takeaways from the article.
1. Basketball players take more time to show improvements due to their longer limbs and length is takes to d each movement compared to football players.
2. Players talking about being injured less. Strong, flexible muscles on top of strong bones helps out with the minor aches and pains that can keep a lesser player down for a longer period of time. Hearing this from a player shows the players know who has been making the progress in the weight room and how it has helped on the court too.
3. Sal noting how different players needed to improve. Adams- flexibility, Sid-strength, etc. Someone like Sid can probably add 30%-40% to their lifts and not have their body look different.

Reaction Score
Congratulations Dom Amore, terrific article. Sal Alosi has really bought in to this UConn program and between he and Hurley really have the S&C on the right track. Such an integral part of the program, with a top tier trainer at the helm, just cranking along at a high level.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
A real journalist would have gotten some perspective from The Boneyard, which, as far as I can tell, has the largest and most vocal collection of weight-lifting experts on the entire Internet.
... and cringe worthy bicep pictures.

pj

Reaction Score
It's just more evidence that Sal knows what he's doing and is avoiding mistakes. Great strength and conditioning takes time, it's not an overnight accomplishment. In the long run avoiding injury while maintaining steady improvement will accomplish the most.

Reaction Score
My understanding is he really likes it here. He is from Long Island (I believe his wife is as well) and they have two young kids. I think if he is compensated like he should be he will be here for a while. He knows Hurley "took a chance" on him and I think he is a loyal guy.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The New York Jets haven’t made the playoffs since they let Sal go.

Side note: I’m disappointed Sid didn’t stick around campus this summer to train with the rest of the guys.

Reaction Score
Nice write up. We’re getting muscles apparently. The upshot of all this is “we’ll see”.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
A real journalist would have gotten some perspective from The Boneyard, which, as far as I can tell, has the largest and most vocal collection of weight-lifting experts on the entire Internet.

Try body building . com. Ohh man. The amount of “what the” is staggering.

Reaction Score
The New York Jets haven’t made the playoffs since they let Sal go.

Side note: I’m disappointed Sid didn’t stick around campus this summer to train with the rest of the guys.
How many years of eligibility does Sid have left?

Reaction Score
He didn't lose a year due to the transfer?

At the end of last season, Hurley said this summer was very important for Sid. Did he really not stay in Storrs? Did he really only gain three pounds over last year? I guess he has two more summers....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He didn't lose a year due to the transfer?

No. He just sat out a year. You still get your 5 years to play 4, no matter if you transfer or not.

Reaction Score
I think he is a loyal guy.
We all know what he did with the Jets. You could call that a strong display of loyalty lol No way he went rogue and did that; he must have been told to do it and it ended up getting him in trouble

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We all know what he did with the Jets. You could call that a strong display of loyalty lol No way he went rogue and did that; he must have been told to do it and it ended up getting him in trouble

Maybe. But he's a strength coach. Those guys are all lunatics by definition.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A running Mad Lib joke (probably in my mind only) every preseason during the JC years was reading about how _____________ put on _______ pounds of solid muscle. It wasn't so funny when we stopped reading about such things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom