Dom Amore: Skyler Bell came to UConn football to be ‘The Guy,’ and so far he has been. | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: Skyler Bell came to UConn football to be ‘The Guy,’ and so far he has been.

Reaction Score

-> “He definitely wanted a chance to be the guy,” said Ryan Whitley, who coached Bell at Taft School in Watertown. “We had talked throughout his process of making a decision to make a move and he said, ‘Coach, I just want an opportunity to consistently make plays, be the No.1 option and give myself the best chance to be in the NFL.'” <-

-> “On the field, this is what we thought he was capable of,” UConn coach Jim Mora said. “The thing that’s been the most impressive to me is his professionalism. His maturity, his work ethic, his attitude, the way that he cares about the team. In this era of the portal, you worry when you bring guys in, you don’t know what their motivation is going to be. This guy, he’s a pro” <-

-> “I had a good career at Wisconsin,” Bell said. “Last year, I kind of took a back seat a little bit, and some of that was due to my part. I came here and I’m ready to work, I think I’ve got a lot to prove, not only to myself but to other people. When I was talking to Coach Mora, we had a conversation and he was telling me he’s going to take care of me here. He’s going to develop me into the receiver I want to be and hopefully get me to the next level.” <-

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope whomever is our quarterback, and I suspect it is Fagnano, can connect with him in a position to utilize his terrific quickness. He can keep drives alive and turn pedestrian passes into touchdowns. He's a special player.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bell is certainly a polished college receiver and could be playing on Sundays soon.
I would live to see more attention paid to tight end play at UConn.

Reaction Score
Bell is certainly a polished college receiver and could be playing on Sundays soon.
I would live to see more attention paid to tight end play at UConn.
Tight end play has come up regularly over the past few years. What would you like their role to be in our offense? Just throw to them more or more specific than that? Thanks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just happened to be looking at Bell when he made that double move on his first TD. It was right in front of me, I'm not sure TV captured how phenomenal that play was. Not blown coverage, he had guys on him but he stopped them in their tracks then sprinted away in a flash. It was amazing.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I just happened to be looking at Bell when he made that double move on his first TD. It was right in front of me, I'm not sure TV captured how phenomenal that play was. Not blown coverage, he had guys on him but he stopped them in their tracks then sprinted away in a flash. It was amazing.
Agree 100%. I couldn't believe it from my seat, but watched the replay Sunday morning (which has become fun again) and that play was amazing. His little juke just embarassed them. He has some serious skill.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. I couldn't believe it from my seat, but watched the replay Sunday morning (which has become fun again) and that play was amazing. His little juke just embarassed them. He has some serious skill.
Nice to have a receiver that is faster than every DB on the field. I don't think we've ever had that, even in the best of times.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Tight end play has come up regularly over the past few years. What would you like their role to be in our offense? Just throw to them more or more specific than that? Thanks.
I would like to see UConn throw to the tight ends at least 6 times per game. I feel use of tight ends have become a lost art in most college programs. The glamour is in the speedy wide receivers. Give me a great tight end and that person will be a successful as most any wide receiver. Now the TEs are decoys and blockers.
To be honest, I am a soccer guy and not football so I don't have an in depth working knowledge of football formations/schemes etc. I have just grown to admire a big, bodied TE with great hands and the drive to fight for extra yardage. I felt the kid that xferred from Michigan 2 years ago might be an answer.

Reaction Score
Loved the comments on the broadcast (by Logan Ryan) about him...first, the comp to Stefon Diggs. Then, the saying that he's the type of guy where 'if he's even, he's leavin".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom