Dom Amore says ... | The Boneyard

Dom Amore says ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We cannot bring anyone in at the end of the semester.

Is he right? Is this something he was told by the Coaching staff? If we have one scholarship available, why can't we fill it in one shape or form? And is MBB different than FB or other sports on this?

Reaction Score
Pudge -- I don't know that that is true, but the only players who you ever see join a team in December are those who transferred out at the end of the first semester the prior year and then sat out their two semesters. So while I don't know that Amore is correct, he probably is because if it was otherwise you'd see JUCOs transferring into desparate schools all the time (and you don't).

Reaction Score
How about that kid that was posted a month ago ... he was supposed to be a rising Freshman at Nevada. He backed out.

I presume the question then becomes whether he actually signed the National LOI. If kids just accept the scholarship papers, it is different.

Reaction Score
Prep school post graduates have entered college after the first semester and some have played right away

Reaction Score
...anybody good at your favorite Prep Eireman (and how is that golf game>??)

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Prep school post graduates have entered college after the first semester and some have played right away
I think I've seen football players start school early the second semester so the can participate in spring football.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think I've seen football players start school early the second semester so the can participate in spring football.

Basketball players do the same - Jayce Johnson and Kyle Kuzma of Utah and Mamadi Diakite of UVA have done the same thing. However, they do not play in games during the second semester. It's treated as a redshirt half-year instead.

Reaction Score
Jarnell Stokes at Tennessee graduated midway through his Sr yr in hs and joined Tennessee in Jan for the second 1/2 of the season. He played well for them as well for being a hs sr.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's not a realistic solution for a problem such as this at a program of UConn's caliber. Anyone you may get this late in the game will likely only be used as a rental and then be below the level of talent expected the year after. Then you have another Lubin/Cassell situation on your hands. We just have to bite the bullet and recruit twice as hard for next year, realistically 2018 class though unfortunately.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
save the scholarships for next year... build chemistry and confidence with this team so next year will not be anywhere as bad as it's been... get big men

Reaction Score
...anybody good at your favorite Prep Eireman (and how is that golf game>??)
Btw...planning to win the ct super senior next year after 3 mos in fla this winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom