Dom Amore: Richie Springs’ contributions to UConn men’s basketball are behind the scenes, very worthy of Senior Night honor | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: Richie Springs’ contributions to UConn men’s basketball are behind the scenes, very worthy of Senior Night honor

Reaction Score
Sounds like he was a perfect 4-year piece despite never playing. Kid got a free education and helped the team win on the practice court. Can't complain about that. Positive locker room presences are vitally important for teams to be successful.

Reaction Score
He deserves credit for sticking with his dream school even though he didn't get the game time. He easily could've transferred to a mid-major and gotten plenty of playing time but he chose to do the dirty work without any of the accolades, not many kids stick it out anymore.

Reaction Score
He deserves credit for sticking with his dream school even though he didn't get the game time. He easily could've transferred to a mid-major and gotten plenty of playing time but he chose to do the dirty work without any of the accolades, not many kids stick it out anymore.
A total class act and positive influence. Could have easily left with the others last year and found plenty of PT elsewhere. He has skills. Great teammate and never a downer. Wish him success and happiness in his life.

Reaction Score
Seems like such a quality guy. I always wanted him to succeed on the court but it sounds like he enjoyed his time.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Richie. I'm sure he had other opportunities. I think he averaged a rebound roughly every three minutes.

Reaction Score
Good for the kid and glad he’s getting that degree. Also one more scholarship definitely open for next year.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Good for the kid and glad he’s getting that degree. Also one more scholarship definitely open for next year.
I couldn’t read the article (paywall). Did he say he is done, because I think he has 2 years of eligibility left if he wants them…

Reaction Score
I couldn’t read the article (paywall). Did he say he is done, because I think he has 2 years of eligibility left if he wants them…
They put the alternate access link into it, but they essentially said he will have two years at a school if he wants to transfer somewhere and get time. Him getting honored I would assume means he doesn’t plan on coming back here.

Reaction Score
They put the alternate access link into it, but they essentially said he will have two years at a school if he wants to transfer somewhere and get time. Him getting honored I would assume means he doesn’t plan on coming back here.
We may not have a scholarship available for him next year

Reaction Score
Showed up for work every with a positive attitude.. Got a four year degree from a world class institution. Still a valuable role player for us esp. in practice/drills. Hope he has future opportunities to show his skills. His family/parents should be proud of him.

Reaction Score
I still don't understand why he didn't get any time after Samson went down. His minutes looked good enough to me. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.
Have wondered the same. If he can hit a pull-up jumper from 20' doesn't that merit even a couple minutes here and there when nothing else is clicking? Apparently not, but it's surprising he never got a stretch of time to see what he could do in any season's early slate of cupcakes. Best of luck to him though. It's good to have some consistency and unselfish players as role models for the younger classes

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Richie & Joey C sat together and were very approachable/friendly in brief conversation after the intrasquad scrimmage at Gampel in eary November.

Reaction Score
Nothing was mentioned about his future

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nothing but respect for Springs. What I saw in a few practices he should have seen the floor. Now DH is going to have to find a new playmate for Andrew.
Best of luck Richie and I hope whatever you decide to do works out for the best.
A true Husky

Reaction Score
Big respect for Richie. It sounds like his intangibles really helped UConn.

Best of luck Richie in your future endeavors. Once a Husky always a Husky.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really pleased Dom wrote this and shared these details with us. Seems like a terrific kid who is a hard worker and has done all the right things. I hope for great things for him down the road, and it seems he has two years to play and get a graduate degree.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore published a piece on Springs 2 days ago bur I can't read it due to paywall issues. Can anyone link to a free to read version?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom