Dom Amore: Nothing to see here, UConn’s adventure to Big Ten country was about what was expected | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: Nothing to see here, UConn’s adventure to Big Ten country was about what was expected

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Seems like roster size is still on Mora's mind...

“Michigan has 140 players who are big, fast, strong, physical,” Mora said. “Well coached, they play with violence, the play with energy, they don’t miss tackles, they challenge you."

Reaction Score
Seems like roster size is still on Mora's mind...

“Michigan has 140 players who are big, fast, strong, physical,” Mora said. “Well coached, they play with violence, the play with energy, they don’t miss tackles, they challenge you."

I think he saw that number when he was scouting them and that’s why it came up this week.

I listened to the postgame and he was frustrated because of our injuries. We’re like scraping together enough running backs and we only have one full health QB.

Meanwhile they have like 9 centers and 9 QBs.

It’s hard to even run a practice through the week with only 3-4 healthy QBs. Much less 1.5 QBs.

It’s on Mora to build the roster and raise the allowance on the max number. The whole place needs a culture change too.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
No attack but should it not be? Need equal ammunition to play with the big boys. The M had nine QB's warming up pregame.
I didn't say it shouldn't. I had posted in the roster thread that if it's an issue for Mora than it's an issue for UConn.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Mora talking about going with youth movement indicates lack of talent (or injury) of upperclassmen and several misses in transfer market.
Transfer portal strategy is interesting....i wonder if the better strategy is to get transfers who are moving up....versus transfers who are moving down?

Meaning...get overachievers from FCS....versus underachievers from FBS. Obviously there are exceptions....and maybe with more time we will see progress....but all of the transfers from other FBS programs definitely have had mixed results.

Reaction Score
Transfer portal strategy is interesting....i wonder if the better strategy is to get transfers who are moving up....versus transfers who are moving down?

Meaning...get overachievers from FCS....versus underachievers from FBS. Obviously there are exceptions....and maybe with more time we will see progress....but all of the transfers from other FBS programs definitely have had mixed results.
That makes a lot of sense to me. Also probably speaks to how hard it is to evaluate talent the first time around especially with players that are still physically maturing.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Every transfer was someone else's problem. Every transfer to UConn is a project or lowly regarded by better programs. Our hit rate will be lower than we'd like, but you shouldn't miss on QB's like ae did. There are only so many starting jobs and multiple candidates for each one. Even in our current state we should be able to entice one decent player to come here.

We picked up some good pieces, but whiffed where it mattered most. Mora will need to do better this winter. If there isn't a coach assigned to watch tape of every G5 senior and every backup who got playing time in these mismatches then someone's not thinking straight.

And no, Michigan's backups (1-3) are too good for us. 4 thru 9 aren't serious players.

Reaction Score

Getting kids to transfer up is just as hard.

I thought UConn had a shot at JD Direnzo from Sacred Heart. We were in fairly early on him but once the P5 offers started to come his way we were out. He's starting at Rutty now

Portal whiffs are tough to overcome when you have a significant lack of depth. While most incoming freshman are usually viewed as development pieces, players from the portal are generally expected to be immediate contributors.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Every transfer was someone else's problem. Every transfer to UConn is a project or lowly regarded by better programs. Our hit rate will be lower than we'd like, but you shouldn't miss on QB's like ae did. There are only so many starting jobs and multiple candidates for each one. Even in our current state we should be able to entice one decent player to come here.

We picked up some good pieces, but whiffed where it mattered most. Mora will need to do better this winter. If there isn't a coach assigned to watch tape of every G5 senior and every backup who got playing time in these mismatches then someone's not thinking straight.

And no, Michigan's backups (1-3) are too good for us. 4 thru 9 aren't serious players.
Is Roberson considered a whiff at QB?

Reaction Score

Are you Randy Edsall? You have no idea how bad this take is. Keep going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom