Dom Amore: In heartbreaking loss to Wyoming, UConn’s football players fought back, showed they haven’t quit on each other | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: In heartbreaking loss to Wyoming, UConn’s football players fought back, showed they haven’t quit on each other

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Today was extremely encouraging. The program showed a lot of heart today after losing Bell, two quick Wyoming TDs, and then still came down and got the TD that gave us the opportunity to try for 2.

Tyler Phommachanh has a lot of potential. I have no idea what Edsall saw in practice to go Zergiotis, Krajewski, Tyler Phommachanh. When it's becoming pretty clear he had the order in reverse.

Reaction Score
I love this team, I think we will remember them as the beginning of an era…not the end of one.
Today was extremely encouraging. The program showed a lot of heart today after losing Bell, two quick Wyoming TDs, and then still came down and got the TD that gave us the opportunity to try for 2.

Tyler Phommachanh has a lot of potential. I have no idea what Edsall saw in practice to go Zergiotis, Krajewski, Tyler Phommachanh. When it's becoming pretty clear he had the order in reverse.
Tyler Phommachanh does have a lot of potential, he's young, inexperienced which shows at times, and yes, deserves to be the starter. And to Spanos' credit he brought in Mazzone as Tyler Phommachanh was named the starter. A world of difference in play calling, and Tyler Phommachanh makes a lot of it work.
I still think Steven Krajewski has the best pure passing arm but has had bad timing/luck in his opportunities. Now with Mazzone here, no, not a 2 QB system, but I would like to see(as other BYers have already related), Steven Krajewski come in, for instance a 2 point play, Steven Krajewski at QB, Tyler Phommachanh in the slot, perhaps comes in motion, gets a pitch/handoff, (or not), running to his left, now can run or throw, etc., etc.

Reaction Score
Feel bad for Myles. After an ACL injury his freshman year and no football his sophomore year, he gets what looks like to be a big injury his third year. Hope it's not as serious as it looked.

Also think it's a different game if Travis plays today. No way we get pushed as easily in the trenches as we did in that 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Feel bad for Myles. After an ACL injury his freshman year and no football his sophomore year, he gets what looks like to be a big injury his third year. Hope it's not as serious as it looked.

Also think it's a different game if Travis plays today. No way we get pushed as easily in the trenches as we did in that 4th quarter.
I had the same thought about Travis. The defense played really well for the most part, but the 4th quarter exposed us in the middle. I think it would’ve gone differently had he been healthy but it is what it is.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn is still a pretty bad football team, but at least it is a real football team now. There are not words to describe what we were witnessing through the first 4 games.

This is a team that we can root for and get behind. I am actually looking forward to the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
I had the same thought about Travis. The defense played really well for the most part, but the 4th quarter exposed us in the middle. I think it would’ve gone differently had he been healthy but it is what it is.
Eh, he maybe the best player but they played better without him. Not a bad thing

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski is by far the best QB on the team and Tyler Phommachanh is a better athlete (similar to Pindell). I agree Steven Krajewski was not given his fair due. If the play calling, and team played like they did yesterday, they would’ve also put up points against Purdue Steven Krajewski played his heart out and should’ve been given more than one game to see what he brings to the table. If Krajewski threw 38 times in a game I would bet that one or two would be good for a TD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom