Dom Amore: For UConn football, a crushing loss, and a right to be angry about it (Courant) | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: For UConn football, a crushing loss, and a right to be angry about it (Courant)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
going scoreless against ball state in the 2nd half can't even be considered "coming close." Coach Mora has a lot of work to do after this pile of shinola

Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like HCJM is going to use refs as an excuse. No mention of them. As I suppose it must be from the HC.
I love the no excuses thing but he also has to stick up for his guys. That was ridiculous what the refs did to them. Hopefully he told them it's us up against everything and behind the scenes Mora and Benedict are making calls.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm still angry about it. Now we have to wait 2 weeks before going into the BC game with zero confidence on both sides of the balll.

I really hope we get some guys back.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The whole game was a choke job by us in the second half that was likely helped by terrible calls. We move on and get healthy from a week off.

I love, love, love that we are now beyond the "moral victory" and "showed improvement" stage. We are already at the "we should be angry we didn't win" stage. This is HUGE that we already reached this point under Mora after 7 games!!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The whole game was a choke job by us in the second half that was likely helped by terrible calls. We move on and get healthy from a week off.

I love, love, love that we are now beyond the "moral victory" and "showed improvement" stage. We are already at the "we should be angry we didn't win" stage. This is HUGE that we already reached this point under Mora after 7 games!!
It's a waypoint for the "we did what we were supposed to" stage.

Reaction Score
Burns "hands to the face" penalty (15 yards) was a drive killer....

I read this morning that Bama had more penalties than they have ever had in the Saban era in their loss to Tennessee. Penalties that kill your drive or extends the opponent's drive, can be game determinants...obviously.

Reaction Score
If Houston is back for the BC game maybe we can score another TD or two. That may make the difference in an otherwise close game.

Reaction Score
Every trend starts as an anomaly.

Mora seems smart enough to know it and see it.

So far he seems competent to get his staff to know how to nip it in the bud.

“An anomaly has his own ambitions. You can try reasoning with him, but that's like using money to bribe a beast.”

Reaction Score
We’re counting on a qb that is just not ready, a tailback who is not ready to be an every down back and receivers that are not ready to step up and take pressure off qb. It’s not a great recipe for success. The good news is we’ve seen enough improvement to be pissed at a loss such as this. On to BC.

Reaction Score
I love the no excuses thing but he also has to stick up for his guys. That was ridiculous what the refs did to them. Hopefully he told them it's us up against everything and behind the scenes Mora and Benedict are making calls.
I respect this comment a bunch, but I think he did stick up for his guys in saying that it was all on him.. he actually took the blame...

the refs were awful in big spots in the 2nd half against us... that 2nd illegal man down field call on Hayes was a terrible terrible call on our 4th and short play that we converted.. terrible...

Reaction Score
I am sure Mora had to say what he said to th press, but he had to know how bad the officiating was and probably mentioned it to then players, but they really stunk up the 2nd half wiht some inforced penaties and downright sloppy play. That...Was unacceptable along with the horrible officiating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom