Dom Amore: Another win, and more certain signs UConn football is getting somewhere | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: Another win, and more certain signs UConn football is getting somewhere

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“It’s always great to win a game. That’s the No.1 objective,” he said with a long sigh. “I don’t feel like we played great. I feel like we played good. There are a lot of things we’ve got to do better if we want to improve, and our team is really intent on improving.

This. I am ecstatic about the wins, but we are far from a complete football team. Our depth has been decimated. The upside is that guys who might have only seen limited, if any, minutes on the football field are getting experience.

I am in no way down on this team, nor do I want to Eeyore our success, which is amazing given the amount of injuries we’ve had. It definitely speaks to what competent coaching can do. But every single game on the schedule is going to be a battle for us. I don’t even take UMass as a sure thing, as we saw last year. But we are seeing a change in the identity of this team. They are competing on every down and don’t look out classed by G5 competition. Those are good things.

We’ve come along way, but have a long way to go. I plan on enjoying the journey, but I take nothing for granted.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
“It’s always great to win a game. That’s the No.1 objective,” he said with a long sigh. “I don’t feel like we played great. I feel like we played good. There are a lot of things we’ve got to do better if we want to improve, and our team is really intent on improving.

This. I am ecstatic about the wins, but we are far from a complete football team. Our depth has been decimated. The upside is that guys who might have only seen limited, if any, minutes on the football field are getting experience.

I am in no way down on this team, nor do I want to Eeyore our success, which is amazing given the amount of injuries we’ve had. It definitely speaks to what competent coaching can do. But every single game on the schedule is going to be a battle for us. I don’t even take UMass as a sure thing, as we saw last year. But we are seeing a change in the identity of this team. They are competing on every down and don’t look out classed by G5 competition. Those are good things.

We’ve come along way, but have a long way to go. I plan on enjoying the journey, but I take nothing for granted.
All fair points. We are a fan base conditioned to wait for the next bad thing, it takes a while to get over that.

Reaction Score
The real win is that this is the first time we have seen a team unified from top to bottom in so long. And by top, I don’t mean best player, I mean every coach, the AD and even the Prez. Thank u coach mora for reminding us all there is no I in team - whether you’re a player or a coach. How he pulled this off after the last 5 years is amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom