Dolan selling the Knicks? | The Boneyard

Dolan selling the Knicks?

Reaction Score
No way he sells now.
I don't know what context your post is in, but this makes me think back to when Isiah Thomas was GM. People were saying the reason Dolan wasn't firing Thomas was because everyone was telling him to. It might be better for Knicks fans to urge Dolan to keep the team. It might be enough to make him want to sell.

Reaction Score
As not a Knicks fan,

This news is very upsetting

2me

Reaction Score
Too good to be true imo. However the Knicks were just valued at like 4 billion right? Highest in the league... Maybe that number speaks to him? I sure hope so.

Reaction Score
And to think when the Red Sox were for sale I was hoping Cablevision would win the bidding.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm not a Knicks fan at all, but I hate when a big time franchise is in the dumps. And they have been for 20 years.

Please, sell.

But I also agree with other posters, now that he's hearing that, he might just be stubborn enough to want to prove them wrong and keep it.

Reaction Score
sell right before the summer of potentially getting KD plus others? Not sure its def happening but cant see him selling unless they know its not happening.

Reaction Score
I don't know what context your post is in, but this makes me think back to when Isiah Thomas was GM. People were saying the reason Dolan wasn't firing Thomas was because everyone was telling him to. It might be better for Knicks fans to urge Dolan to keep the team. It might be enough to make him want to sell.

Allow me to clarify: No way is he selling the Knicks! Especially as they are poised to bring in two max-level players next season. Owning a pro team is an exclusive club, which is the reason owners bought them. He owns one of 30 teams in the NBA, and the only one that calls MSG Home. Nothing else in his life makes him special....other than the money. Why would he give that up?

Anything can happen, but I wouldn't bet on him selling within the next five years.

Reaction Score
Allow me to clarify: No way is he selling the Knicks! Especially as they are poised to bring in two max-level players next season. Owning a pro team is an exclusive club, which is the reason owners bought them. He owns one of 30 teams in the NBA, and the only one that calls MSG Home. Nothing else in his life makes him special....other than the money. Why would he give that up?

Anything can happen, but I wouldn't bet on him selling within the next five years.
Except he didn't buy the Knicks and nobody thinks he's special.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Knicks will always have the natural advantage of being in New York and having a huge brand, so I hope Dolan stays to even put their appeal.

Reaction Score
This is nothing more than Simmons stirring up stuff. Why in the world would Dolan sell the team? He's barely involved and they print money despite being one of the worst NBA franchises of the last two decades. There aren't many business ventures that let you fail spectacularly while still making an obscene amount of money. Why give that up?

Reaction Score
This is nothing more than Simmons stirring up stuff. Why in the world would Dolan sell the team? He's barely involved and they print money despite being one of the worst NBA franchises of the last two decades. There aren't many business ventures that let you fail spectacularly while still making an obscene amount of money. Why give that up?

Maybe he's tired of people bitching at him and cursing his name and he can make $4-5 billion dollars while keeping MSG.

Reaction Score

I’m sure he’s much better to everyone he employs....

Dolan is a spoiled biatch that had everything given to him from daddy & has never grown up..........he is the poster child for passing a 100% estate tax.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom