Does UConn win against Arizona and WSU with Wilson and a healthy Gilbert? | The Boneyard

Does UConn win against Arizona and WSU with Wilson and a healthy Gilbert?

Does UConn win against Arizona and WSU with Wilson and a healthy Gilbert?

• Arizona

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • WSU

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Both

Votes: 27 32.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 42 51.2%

• Total voters

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
No offense, but does it really matter?
I think it does, in terms of Ollie. I hate to make excuses, but this team was kind of thrown together (which is mostly Ollie's fault, yes) and we are without our MCDS All-American PG and a top 75 wing. Regardless of that, we held our own and banged with a top 10 team.

It still makes me want to give Ollie some benefit of the doubt, even though our offensive game planning is atrocious.

Reaction Score
Do those guys make Ollie fun a half court offense and enable him to put in out of bounds plays?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Do those guys make Ollie fun a half court offense and enable him to put in out of bounds plays?
No, but it gives us badly needed scoring and talent that we don't have beyond 2 flawed players and sometimes Vital.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I've seen AG play against some cupcakes both years. He's not magic.
I disagree, from what I've seen he has the potential to be an absolute force.
He also was a true freshman last year for the 3 games he played, and playing on a bum shoulder this year.

Reaction Score
These "what if" scenarios frustrate me. While we might be a better team with those guys, there is no guarantee. I want KO to succeed, so I tend to overthink this stuff because I like him. Reality is, if some outsider coach was producing the same results, I'd fire him yesterday.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gilbert really isn't as good as some of you want to believe. Wilson is a nice prospect, but I'm not sure how much of an impact he could make this season.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I disagree, from what I've seen he has the potential to be an absolute force.
He also was a true freshman last year for the 3 games he played, and playing on a bum shoulder this year.
Tremont Waters is a true freshman this year and looks to be on another level compared to what AG had shown. He would be a better ball handler than what we have now but scoring seemed limited and I don't recall any outstanding passing.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes. At least we'd be competitive.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Tremont Waters is a true freshman this year and looks to be on another level compared to what AG had shown. He would be a better ball handler than what we have now but scoring seemed limited and I don't recall any outstanding passing.
Gilbert scared Tremont off, there'd be no playing time for him here.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
So it seems most people rip Ollie, yet about 45% of you think we would've beaten at least one of Arizona and WSU at full strength?

I'm just curious if the same people calling for Ollie's head now, or at the end of the season, are the same ones saying we would beat top 25 teams at full strength.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
People need to stop talking about AG like he's Bob Cousy. I'm sick and tired of it.

Yes, the kid was a McD's AA. Two years ago. And three shoulder surgeries ago.

Can he get back? Sure! Am I hoping he does? Of course? Is it realistic at ALL to think he'd have made any damn of a difference in six losses by an average of 19 points?

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
So it seems most people rip Ollie, yet about 45% of you think we would've beaten at least one of Arizona and WSU at full strength?

I'm just curious if the same people calling for Ollie's head now, or at the end of the season, are the same ones saying we would beat top 25 teams at full strength.
You’d still be looking at 8-5 or 9-4 with some shellackings and nail biters to Columbia and Monmouth. Not to mention previous years or even the roster management that got UConn here. Not everyone thinks Ollie’s employment hinges on what happened in one or two games this year.

Reaction Score
todays game was totally winnable, throw AG and Wilson in the mix to give us more depth and who know. Fatigue do to lack of players is another reason why we can't finish games strong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom