Does this team look like it is getting better? | The Boneyard

Does this team look like it is getting better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I keep waiting for the lights to come on. And waiting.

They looked overmatched tonight. Beat in every phase of the game. I keep thinking they are better than they are playing. And waiting.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Brilliant.

Are we getting to the point of the season yet where you feel compelled to create new threads for every single one of your idiotic musings?

Reaction Score
For UCONN to get better we need some offense from KF, can't have OC play like he did tonight. RP needs to be more consistent. RB, TS, RP and DH need to cut down on the to,s. 17 tonight.

Reaction Score
Are we getting to the point of the season yet where you feel compelled to create new threads for every single one of your idiotic musings?
Brilliant again. If you can read, answer the question.

Reaction Score
For UCONN to get better we need some offense from KF, can't have OC play like he did tonight. RP needs to be more consistent. RB, TS, RP and DH need to cut down on the to,s. 17 tonight.
It looks like they still don't now their roles.

Reaction Score
Nope not as a collective unit. I will say AB is becoming a better rebounder though and Dham is starting to come out of his freshman funk. Hopefully he can develop into RB's Robin by the end of the year.

Reaction Score
Briamh rebounded like a man tonight. Boat finally had onions (too little too late) other than that...not alot of improvement. Everytime I feel like one of the 3 enigmos (enigma-amigos seewhatididthere?) OC DH and RP are going to turn it around one or all (such was the case tonight) of them just start laying eggs.

Reaction Score
3rdbass said:
Nope not as a collective unit. I will say AB is becoming a better rebounder though and Dham is starting to come out of his freshman funk. Hopefully he can develop into RB's Robin by the end of the year.

Yea good reminder of the positives. Hamilton and brimah should be fun to watch next 2 years as well

Reaction Score
Briamh rebounded like a man tonight. Boat finally had onions (too little too late) other than that...not alot of improvement. Everytime I feel like one of the 3 enigmos (enigma-amigos seewhatididthere?) OC DH and RP are going to turn it around one or all (such was the case tonight) of them just start laying eggs.
I thought Dham played fine in the first half but disappeared in the second. He needs to keep his head in the game trying to score.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I think if we just move the ball, or start moving the ball earlier in the possession, that it will open the floor. We pound the ball and then pass around the perimeter. But it doesn't really seem purposeful.

I love DHam in the middle of the floor but wish he would shoot it from there a little more.

Reaction Score
I thought Dham played fine in the first half but disappeared in the second. He needs to keep his head in the game trying to score.
I guess he did do decent. I noticed a few times he did his little spin then pulled it back out rather than try to split the double team tonight. Next thing will be drawing those defenders then kicking it to the wing for the open 3

Reaction Score
This team has no identity.

It's Boat and a bunch of chuckers.

Do we ever look like we are actually running a play? No.

Reaction Score
We just aren't good at anything right now and really lack consistency. Purvis is incredibly inconsistent from game to game and even play to play, he makes a great play than gives up easy and 1's the other way. Facey is a ghost much of the time, I often forget he's on the court. Good teams have at least 2 players they can rely on to be really good and usually three guys.

Reaction Score
There just aren't enough good players on this team, period. There are some guys who may one day be good players, and that is great, but there isn't anyone to really carry the burden while they develop. It's a transition season in terms of the roster so we just have to ride it out.

Reaction Score
I keep waiting for the lights to come on. And waiting.

They looked overmatched tonight. Beat in every phase of the game. I keep thinking they are better than they are playing. And waiting.
Um.....no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC