Does this team ever find or go to the 'hot hand'? | The Boneyard

Does this team ever find or go to the 'hot hand'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've watched most of the games and when a player is in a zone, I've yet to see that player fed the ball or become the primary option during that stretch.

Granted few have had the hot hand, but Miller as an example has shown during games that he's 'hot' yet the players seem to ignore him. Gibbs and Purvis also have caught fire at times and cooled off due to lack of touches or subbed out of the game.

Its a simple question that I can't answer for our team, but I know other teams find a way to 'force' feed the player on fire, sacrificing their own shots.

Reaction Score
I've watched most of the games and when a player is in a zone, I've yet to see that player fed the ball or become the primary option during that stretch.

Granted few have had the hot hand, but Miller as an example has shown during games that he's 'hot' yet the players seem to ignore him. Gibbs and Purvis also have caught fire at times and cooled off due to lack of touches or subbed out of the game.

Its a simple question that I can't answer for our team, but I know other teams find a way to 'force' feed the player on fire, sacrificing their own shots.

Purvis came out of the second half roaring (like a ferrari out of a garage, sigh) with 6 straight points, then he missed an and-1 and got his third stupid foul. That ended quickly. Not that that would've erased a 20 pt deficit, just put another nail in the coffin that was hope. Early on in the season DH would get angry and go on a tear, albeit weaker teams, now his confidence is too decimated.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Only once they are down 20.

None of these guys are capable of breaking down a defender. If you can't get past your man, then the offense seizes up.

You can get around this with good ball movement, but we have a bunch of dribble whores who can't make a layup.

Reaction Score

I'd have to agree with this. To compound the issue, lately we've had very sluggish ball movement around the arc. We simply just need to play quicker, make quicker decisions and play with a sense of urgency. Put some mustard on our passes and quickly connect it with a pick and role.

We NEVER get the ball back to the roller off of a pick. Shonn is the EPITOME of a pick and role player with his athleticism and mid range shot making ability, but we just simply don't utilize it. We should be picking and rolling with Shonn on every offensive set and getting the ball back to him immediately once his defender rotates.

Very frustrating when were just hot-potatoing our passes around the arc and waiting for 10 seconds left on the shot clock.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'd have to agree with this. To compound the issue, lately we've had very sluggish ball movement around the arc. We simply just need to play quicker, make quicker decisions and play with a sense of urgency. Put some mustard on our passes and quickly connect it with a pick and role.

We NEVER get the ball back to the roller off of a pick. Shonn is the EPITOME of a pick and role player with his athleticism and mid range shot making ability, but we just simply don't utilize it. We should be picking and rolling with Shonn on every offensive set and getting the ball back to him immediately once his defender rotates.

Very frustrating when were just hot-potatoing our passes around the arc and waiting for 10 seconds left on the shot clock.

"Activity without accomplishment." - John Wooden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3