Does this push ND to join a conf? | The Boneyard

Does this push ND to join a conf?

Reaction Score
I've never ever believed that ND would join a conference.

BUT, when another school can lure your HC away, you know you're no longer top dog. I presume Kelly is leaving for more $. I had been surprised to learn that ND's contract with NBC is not that lucrative. Does this tip some alums to be in favor of a conference?

Probably not. But gonna be a lot of soul searching in So Bend in the weeks ahead.

Reaction Score

BUT, when another school can lure your HC away, you know you're no longer top dog. I presume Kelly is leaving for more $. I had been surprised to learn that ND's contract with NBC is not that lucrative. Does this tip some alums to be in favor of a conference?

Probably not. But gonna be a lot of soul searching in So Bend in the weeks ahead.
Issue is that only conference they would be able to join is the ACC, which does not have the best of payouts. If them joining would allow the contract with ESPN to be opened up for a revaluation, then maybe they do it.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I have to think this was about $ but maybe more importantly admission standards and the ability to recruit the most talented players in the country to win a national championship? ND is great but have been obviously outclassed every time they make the playoffs.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I have to think this was about $ but maybe more importantly admission standards and the ability to recruit the most talented players in the country to win a national championship? ND is great but have been obviously outclassed every time they make the playoffs.
Yeah ND has a ceiling, no one will do better than Kelly has there. He wasn’t going to accomplish anything more there.

Reaction Score
Issue is that only conference they would be able to join is the ACC, which does not have the best of payouts. If them joining would allow the contract with ESPN to be opened up for a revaluation, then maybe they do it.
Why is the ACC the only conference they would be able to join?

Reaction Score

The new playoff expansion will make it much easier for ND to get in. They money they make as and Indy and exposure is much better too. The only conference they can legally join is the ACC and there are too many reasons not to join.

Reaction Score
Coaches like Kelly need challenges. And, you can get better players at LSU and Saban isn’t gonna coach forever.

How quick we hear Urban Meyer leaving Jacksonville.

Reaction Score
They money they make as and Indy and exposure is much better too. .
Exposure yes, but I dont think so on money. Sometime quote the amount of their NBC deal once and it was shockingly low -- waaaaay less than SEC BiG money. (Unless they quoted the wrong amount.)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
When Meyer flirted with ND before going to Florida, he tried to get them to agree to drop their enrollment requirements so he could compete with the top schools. They wouldn't...and he went to Florida.

I wonder if that has...or will change.

Reaction Score
ND is $loaded so I'm not sure conference payout is that big a factor. The Big 12 would be a consideration if it were looking for an easier road to the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Some of these guys only worship money. Not an ND fan, but Kelly moving to LSU is just a zero loyalty, low character move. I doubt he makes it more than 4 years there. Spent many years down there. Terrible cultural, personality fit. I assume Fickle heads to ND, no?

Reaction Score
No, but it should push people who complain about athletes transferring to shut their mouths. If the head coach of one the most storied programs in history can bolt for a lesser brand while his team has a legitimate shot at playing for a title is ok. Why should players be "loyal"?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
No, but it should push people who complain about athletes transferring to shut their mouths. If the head coach of one the most storied programs in history can bolt for a lesser brand while his team has a legitimate shot at playing for a title is ok. Why should players be "loyal"?
Notre Dame can still make the CFP and he left by sending a text message to his players!

Reaction Score
Some of these guys only worship money. Not an ND fan, but Kelly moving to LSU is just a zero loyalty, low character move. I doubt he makes it more than 4 years there. Spent many years down there. Terrible cultural, personality fit. I assume Fickle heads to ND, no?
Is he supposed to stay there for life? God forbid someone makes a career change, especially with a giant amount of money involved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom