Does The Womens' Monstrous Success Hurt The Men? | The Boneyard

Does The Womens' Monstrous Success Hurt The Men?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Today it was announced that for the 3rd year theMen's Team has a perfect APR. http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...fect-apr-score-for-mens-basketball/ar-BBzQDkX

For a lot of injury related and other reasons the men aren't killing it. Aren'tin the conversation, really.

Might recruits label UConn as thewomen's b'ball capital and not want the shade. Yes, I know that the men's team has produced big time and maybe there is a cycle to these things in men's b'ball that has to work itself out unless you are in the old boys programs. But, if you are a rising star in men's HS/AAU ball, do you want to go to a school and state that is so deeply immersed in WCBB?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I doubt it. How many men's programs have won two titles in the last 10 years?

Reaction Score
I think the question is: Does the women having a coach hurt the men's recruiting? It's not for nuthin' that so many are transferring.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I doubt it. How many men's programs have won two titles in the last 10 years?
Or 4 since '99.

Geesh, one off year and people are ready to turn out the lights.:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
invincible?

I guess I was less than clear. Speaking about our bad cuz Roy You know him, , I ain't never done nuthin' wrong, and his band of academic successes). In spite of all the advantages being a lying cheat provides, invincible is not among 'em, at least on the court. The South has truly risen again and lives in the heart of the NCAA!

Reaction Score
The thing that has hurt the men the most is the pitiful, poor excuse of a conference they play in.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yet they haven't finished first in the regular season despite how poor it is

Ouch, but what is true is true. Kevin Ollie has recruited fairly well, yet injuries do plaque the Huskies. Pro interest in Ollie is suggested to hurt the Huskies. Snake bit it seems.

Reaction Score
With all due respect to the OP, great off season banter but I say it is inconsequential...Our men and women have thrived together. As much as the game is the same it is still different.
But we are the only school that has this..:)
Connecticut women and men make basketball history (again)
Not sure but I think the Notre Dame women have been out shining the men for some time...Doubt it has any affect on the men's recruiting.

The thing that has hurt the men the most is the pitiful, poor excuse of a conference they play in.
No attack TT but this is the philosophy of the weak. There were people calling for UConn to get out of The Big East and go back to The Yankee Conference as we were constant cellar dwellers, and along came Jim....
There is simply no reason to slander the conference unless you can dominate it. Even then you play the hand you have been dealt as the woman's staff has and make the conference you are in better.
Rutgers football has gone to a better conference, how's that working out? As for their basketball team, look for their men's team to be in competition for a title every year starting soon. This with a UConn alum and assistant in charge. ;)

Reaction Score
Today it was announced that for the 3rd year theMen's Team has a perfect APR. UConn submits perfect APR score for men's basketball

For a lot of injury related and other reasons the men aren't killing it. Aren'tin the conversation, really.

Might recruits label UConn as thewomen's b'ball capital and not want the shade. Yes, I know that the men's team has produced big time and maybe there is a cycle to these things in men's b'ball that has to work itself out unless you are in the old boys programs. But, if you are a rising star in men's HS/AAU ball, do you want to go to a school and state that is so deeply immersed in WCBB?

Obviously, The Women winning has had an effect on the Men's coaching and most probably recruiting---
The evidence of this is right before us: After Calhoun's departure, the post season sanctions, mess, etc
Uconn Women thrived while the men just can't struggle up that ladder of 20 plus wins. It looks like
the Men cannot find a top 20 recruit---yet the Women just keep getting number ONE's to beg to be
a Uconn husky.

Reaction Score
Or 4 since '99.

Geesh, one off year and people are ready to turn out the lights.:rolleyes:

When Geno lost 6 or so of the 7 losses to ND---many Uconn fans were out locating then waxing the Rail to be used for Geno's ride out of town---this with with upteen years of 30 or more wins still happening--
Every move he made was criticized ---wrong combination of players, right combination but terrible plays---
With all of Geno's wins---he has ridden wave after wave of ---BAD Coaching--Muffet has is number--
Rocky it the nail---head on--with Men's coaching is more cyclical--and more Parroty cuz most of the fans
don't want cracker--they want something to talk about---and Geno's smiling gave the pundits and fans loads.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's crazy to think the success of the women's program has anything to do with what's going on with the men's program. For one thing, the men's program has way more fans that don't follow the women's program than the other way around. It's also way tougher to succeed on the men's side when most teams you face have a chance to beat you. At least 3/4 of the teams the women face don't have a prayer of staying within 30 points. That's the difference between parity and a lack of it. Apples and oranges.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think being in the AAC vs. the BE is hurting your MBB program; it won't hurt your WBB program until Geno retires.

Reaction Score
Nope. I look at it like this, we are a national brand. The success of the women's program is just a by product of the success of our men's and women's teams on the court. The ladies program isn't hurting the men's program.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't see how the women's team has any effect on the Men's team other than their success helping to get them a better practice facility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom