Does the BE split NCAA money evenly? | The Boneyard

Does the BE split NCAA money evenly?

Reaction Score
Or do the NCAA tournament teams get an added benefit? Does winning increase your take?

It would be better if someone who actually knows answers this question.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Appreciate it. Though that article lumps all conference money,TV rights, etc... into one pot. Interesting 2013 was a better year, for almost every BE, than any since.

I have looked by haven't found anything that just talks about NCAAT money and how it is divided by the BE.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just proof what a great partner UConn is. They go to the AAC, win a couple of natty's and those doofuses yawn. UConn comes back to the Big East, wins a natty killing every outsider in their path. Yet they let their conference rivals get a few licks in just to prop up the league's profile. Big East is now the cool league. Done and done.

Reaction Score
Just proof what a great partner UConn is. They go to the AAC, win a couple of natty's and those doofuses yawn. UConn comes back to the Big East, wins a natty killing every outsider in their path. Yet they let their conference rivals get a few licks in just to prop up the league's profile. Big East is now the cool league. Done and done.
FWIW only 1 championship, 2014, was in the AAC.

Reaction Score
From the article, the Big East conference is set to earn $30 million from the NCAA tournament this year.

Well that answers one question (although not the one I asked).

Each unit (which is one game) is worth 2 million bucks. So we contributed 12 million dollars to the Big East 30 million dollar haul.

That's 40% of the total. It sure seems like we should get more than 2.7 mil.

Reaction Score

Each unit (which is one game) is worth 2 million bucks. So we contributed 12 million dollars to the Big East 30 million dollar haul.

The article states that the NCAA suggests the conferences share the payout evenly amongst members

I don't know if UConn will end up getting a higher payout, but before the tourney the Big East was hoping they would end up with at least 7 units and ended up with 15.

UConn will earn a lot of money off of the title separately, so my guess that the 30 million will be divided evenly

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't know how the conference does it today but back when we were a nine school conference (until Miami joined) the conference would take a small piece to help cover administration costs for the conference then sit the remainder into ten equal shares. The school that earned the money would get one share and the remaining nine shares would go to each conference member.

I would imagine that some similar methodology is used today

Reaction Score

According to the article, the finals don't count as a unit. No explanation as to why. So, UConn earned $10M or 1/3rd of the BE total.

Reaction Score
Definitely not knowledgeable on this, but NCAA earns like a billion in revenue off of the men's tournament, and only pays out about a quarter of the revenue over time. Just seems like a bad allocation of money to men's basketball teams.

Also, how much does the NCAA earn from footballs playoffs and bowls?

Reaction Score
According to the NCAA, 90% of the money which it takes in from the tournament is redistributed to the member schools.

The NCAA earns nothing from football playoffs and bowls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom