Does Randy get another year? | The Boneyard

Does Randy get another year?

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't know if he should even finish the season, but I don't know what options we have.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
He definitely gets at least one more year. If next year is equally as bad as this one, AD Dave will have a big decision to make, but still think its unlikely he would get fired after next year unless he has a season of Diacian proportions.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yes he does. But I do think that the UMass loss started to warm his seat a little. He gets a third year, but just like Pasqualoni and Diaco before him, we will need to see substantial improvement in year 3 to justify bringing him back for year 4.

Reaction Score
In a newspaper article today (Neil Ostrout,Jim Fuller) Randy says he dosent care about winning or losing.......what kind of message does that send to his young players?. If Im playing for a coach who throws guys under the bus and then says he dosent care about winning or losing its about the process I would need to rethink my committment.
If Im a recruit I simply might laugh

Reaction Score
Three more years. actually.

Let me revise and extend that remark. Three more years as long as the trajectory is upward. And probably even if it isn't. There is a decision point at the end of three more seasons. Bringing in a new guy with only two years to go is not gonna solve anything. If next year is as bad as this, the decision point may be moved up.

But ironically, the Huskies still have a shot at getting three wins on the season which is the Meets Expectations benchmark.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Randy 2.0 sounds more and more like crazy batpoo Diaco with every passing quote. If we start to hear about UMass being a terrific "partner", then I might just lose it.
Partner in his team's education.

Reaction Score
In a newspaper article today (Neil Ostrout,Jim Fuller) Randy says he dosent care about winning or losing..what kind of message does that send to his young players?. If Im playing for a coach who throws guys under the bus and then says he dosent care about winning or losing its about the process I would need to rethink my committment.
If Im a recruit I simply might laugh
Which contradicts what he said when hired.

I dont care anymore. He isnt going anywhere. Nor should he. With each passing humiliating performance he should get more comfortable playing in front of friends and family.

Reaction Score
Randy probably gets 2 more unless next year is a lot worse than this year. And at this point that's certainly possible
No Pindell, and now with Washington, no experience at the most important position. Will be interesting to see if Dunn comes back or moves on and what happens with Crocker.

Reaction Score
He gets at least 2 more, after that, the whole program may collapse as three AD’s and three coaches have failed to hire correctly and turn the program around.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He gets at least 2 more unless next season is a disaster. Unlike Diaco and PP, there is a plan here that is being followed even if we may not like the current outcomes.

The one thing that has to improve is second half stamina. In every game we loses something in the second half mentally or physically. This year your can pin it of the number of true freshmen playing.

Next year you won't.

Reaction Score
Personally,,,I think the over reaction to his comments is the bigger deal. Seems to be saying to me the team is very young. Fire him at the end of the year(or even now)...and then what...start all over again. This is a kidney stone for the program...but it WILL pass,

Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue except when dealing with a festering wound. Year 3 has to be a meaningful improvement with at least 4 wins and clear competitive progress on the field. The excuse jar is empty. There are programs with a hell of a lot more challenging conditions to work with.

Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue except when dealing with a festering wound. Year 3 has to be a meaningful improvement with at least 4 wins and clear competitive progress on the field. The excuse jar is empty. There are programs with a hell of a lot more challenging conditions to work with.
I agree. Cannot lose over and over 58 to 17 and need to win a few in the mix.

Reaction Score
He gets at least 2 to 3 more years to let the development hopefully by that point we are much better than this year

Reaction Score
this thread is crazy. Yes.

1. We have no money, period.
2. We have no coach, period. No one will coach here if he is fired under these conditions. No Win.
3. Read #1 and #2 again in the case you have any follow-up questions.

Reaction Score
Things that can be guaranteed:
1) Throwing players under the bus
2) lack of coaching accountability
3) extensive use of the phrase "young men/young man"
4) paint drying offense regardless of OC

This that can not be guaranteed:
1) Winning Records
2) Attendance numbers over 20k
3) Any sort of even regional relevancy

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics