Does Notre Dame have a WBB forum? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does Notre Dame have a WBB forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I catch your point. Every forum, this one included, has its share of jerks.

I'd like to think we have fewer than average (and/or good admins who nip that behavior in the bud).

However, the main thing that stuck me about that forum is how empty it was. That single page has posts going back to early August. You'd have to scroll to page 15 here to get back to early August.

ND is a FF team, and wants to be considered one of the elite teams in the nation, and that's all they have for a fan base? There must be another site.

I'll bet we've had more quality comments on ND's team today, than they've had in the last month. Which is sad.

There may be more sites. I know there are a few ND fans on the Fans Only site that became the home to the ESPN message board emigrants (LINK). But ND's site is not nearly as functional as this one, and it's basically not organized well and posters don't get to know one another. Thus there is no sense of community as exists here and on some other message boards. But there are other ways to gauge fan interest, such as attendance at WCBB games, and here Notre Dame shines. Despite possessing a smaller venue than either Gampel or the Hartford Civic Center, Notre Dame actually had SLIGHTLY higher attendance than UConn last season (8979 to 8977: LINK).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wow. What a strange trip this thread this has been. My favorite cterrier tweet was to Geno criticizing Geno's recruiting of bench players. Geno actually responded! BTW, I don't think cterrier is a stranger to this board.

I used to read the ND forum, hoping to learn some things about ND. I grew dismayed after reading some crazy stuff written about Geno and the type of players he recruits and seeing no push-back or disagreements from other posters on the board. That's a big difference between this board and others: posters here can post some dopey stuff about Geno, the players and opponents, but there will always be push-back and rebukes from other posters. I saw none of that on the ND forum and I lost interest in what they have to say.

Reaction Score
My goodness Choke, you surely spent alot of time researching these two, just to prove a point. Well done, truthfully I have never heard of these two or seen a post from either,but my memory isn't what it used to be, on some things. I don't think what was said was very nice but I've read worse on some boards. In any case I will apologize for these 2 jerks.

Now about ND Nation it is a very tight community where it appears there is very little outside presence ( other school's fans)
or much discord there. I read the women's site about once every week or so as there is not much traffic on it.
I( guess I just don't like ND fans on their boards, in person it might be different.

Reaction Score
Please continue to post here but don't drag anything negative on that board over here, as what is posted on ND board stays on ND board. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom