Does Illinois getting K.Nunn effect XRM? | The Boneyard

Does Illinois getting K.Nunn effect XRM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Same position 2013? 175 lb SG. Did he just pop for them or was Nunn already in the fold for them prior to XRM announcing his final 3? Anyone know?

Reaction Score
I think it was assumed he was going to Illinois or Marquette at this point. He's from Illinois and plays for Simeon so Illinois is an obvious choice. His In-home visit was before XRMs announcement. But, Nunn cut UCLA from the list this week because they signed Allerik Freeman, a 4 star from Findlay. I wonder if he would decommit if XRM commits.

caw

Reaction Score
Illinois seems to be trying to sign 4 guards in this class and is selling them all on time. I have no idea how they are buying in to that situation but that is what Illinois is doing.

They already have two SG's in the class in Nunn and Hill.

They are trying to add XRM (SG) and Demetrius Jackson (PG).

XRM is easily the highest ranked of the SG's.

I don't think they get XRM in the end, but they are pushing hard. Groce is doing a good job of recruiting, considering how poor Illinois has been recently and the fact Groce has such little to base his recruiting on.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Now mistake me if I'm wrong, but didn't XRM say he wanted to play point in college?

illi is 3rd... it is either fsu and uconn

I think you're right here. He retweeted his bud Wiggins saying that, "The only people affecting my college decision are my family." So that could either help or hurt us. If only he saw how far superior UConn is to FSU...

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
strong family pull to fsu

Oh definitely, but Florida State is a football school. They don't appreciate hoops like us blue bloods.

H

Husk-E

I think we really want his teammate Woodson. XRM would just be yet another great addition, just I think we have a lot less depth in our big men.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
XRM is re-tweeting things from Nunn and things about a new "Fab 5" at Illinois...please God no...

Reaction Score
Illinois seems to be trying to sign 4 guards in this class and is selling them all on time. I have no idea how they are buying in to that situation but that is what Illinois is doing.

They already have two SG's in the class in Nunn and Hill.

They are trying to add XRM (SG) and Demetrius Jackson (PG).

XRM is easily the highest ranked of the SG's.

I don't think they get XRM in the end, but they are pushing hard. Groce is doing a good job of recruiting, considering how poor Illinois has been recently and the fact Groce has such little to base his recruiting on.

I think Demetrius Jackson is considered the top prospect of this group but Illinois is going to have trouble grabbing him over Kansas who are locked in on him. Plus, Izzo and Pitino are selling him hard too.

caw

Reaction Score
I think Demetrius Jackson is considered the top prospect of this group but Illinois is going to have trouble grabbing him over Kansas who are locked in on him. Plus, Izzo and Pitino are selling him hard too.

It's splitting hairs with Jackson and XRM in terms of rankings. Yahoo has XRM two slots higher, ESPN has Jackson 5 spots higher (or so). I don't have a problem saying Jackson is the top prospect of the group. XRM is the top SG prospect of their class though.

Kansas (and UL) are probably making a stronger push now that NCState picked up Barber, though there are some interesting rumors floating around about that recruitment.

I still think Illinois has a better shot at Jackson than XRM. Just my opinion though.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
It's splitting hairs with Jackson and XRM in terms of rankings. Yahoo has XRM two slots higher, ESPN has Jackson 5 spots higher (or so). I don't have a problem saying Jackson is the top prospect of the group. XRM is the top SG prospect of their class though.

Kansas (and UL) are probably making a stronger push now that NCState picked up Barber, though there are some interesting rumors floating around about that recruitment.

I still think Illinois has a better shot at Jackson than XRM. Just my opinion though.

Pitino just signed the best JUCO point guard in the class. Chris Jones was ranked 67th in the ESPN100 in 2011. So hopefully he still goes hard at Jackson and makes Illinois fight with them. Then they leave XRM to FSU/UConn to battle.

caw

Reaction Score
Pitino just signed the best JUCO point guard in the class. Chris Jones was ranked 67th in the ESPN100 in 2011. So hopefully he still goes hard at Jackson and makes Illinois fight with them. Then they leave XRM to FSU/UConn to battle.

I thought Notre Dame was a big player for Jackson also, forgot that in previous post. I guess it's mostly ND, Illinois and Kansas for Jackson.

In home for XRM and UConn is today?

Reaction Score
I thought Notre Dame was a big player for Jackson also, forgot that in previous post. I guess it's mostly ND, Illinois and Kansas for Jackson.

In home for XRM and UConn is today?

Is the In Home today? I feel like it keeps getting moved. Would love to hear what happened.

Reaction Score

heard some stuff about that recruitment too - what did you hear?

Reaction Score
His in home visit is today. Ollie and Hobbs are meeting with him.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
heard some stuff about that recruitment too - what did you hear?

Some stuff on twitter and in articles about theft from UL players, nothing substantiated and I don't know anyone on UL to ask, but interesting rumors.

Reaction Score
I really want his teammate Woodson to commit also. Would help give us much needed size

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Some stuff on twitter and in articles about theft from UL players, nothing substantiated and I don't know anyone on UL to ask, but interesting rumors.
heard the same - also that KU pulled their offer, presumably due to that incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom