Does Geno's comments hurt our chances of getting into the ACC? | The Boneyard

Does Geno's comments hurt our chances of getting into the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the record I don't disagree with what he said. However since ND is our best hope to the ACC gotta think it can only hurt our chances. ND could say we will come but you cant bring UCONN with us. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't want UCONN, if they did they would have already asked us. Time to move on.

Reaction Score
The Miami post and the follow up about Michigan State are damaging as well. I'm not sure which of the three if worse, but we'll sure be back in 1AA soon if it keeps up.

Reaction Score
The Miami post and the follow up about Michigan State are damaging as well. I'm not sure which of the three if worse, but we'll sure be back in 1AA soon if it keeps up.

Please tell me you are kidding.

Reaction Score
Screw the ACC and ND. Oooops.....sorry.

(Unless we get the call....then love 'em both)

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't want UCONN, if they did they would have already asked us. Time to move on.

We haven't invited Boise State, Air Force, Houston, SMU, E. Carolina, Navy, etc, etc. Does that mean we should move on because we don't want them? You know that Cuse was basically begging to get into the ACC in 2004 and was turned down right?

I know waylon told you we aren't getting in, so it must be true, but sometimes it's okay to think for yourself.

Reaction Score
We haven't invited Boise State, Air Force, Houston, SMU, E. Carolina, Navy, etc, etc. Does that mean we should move on because we don't want them? You know that Cuse was basically begging to get into the ACC in 2004 and was turned down right?

I know waylon told you we aren't getting in, so it must be true, but sometimes it's okay to think for yourself.

If ND decides to go to the ACC BC is going to whisper into their ear "anyone but UCONN", then ND will say to the ACC "we'll come, but only if this school (not UCONN) is 16". Guess what will happen then?

I always think for myself. thank you.

Reaction Score
I think he should have kept his mouth shut. We know that DeFillippo is still mad about things that were said.

Reaction Score
If ND decides to go to the ACC BC is going to whisper into their ear "anyone but UCONN", then ND will say to the ACC "we'll come, but only if this school (not UCONN) is 16". Guess what will happen then?

Why isn't Notre Dame going to the ACC? Because they don't have to.We , on the other hand need the ACC while Notre Dame only needs a place for their other sports. It explains their lack of a sense of urgency.
Even though all the talk is ND to the ACC if their position is forced, I really they would go to the Big 10.

Reaction Score
Why isn't Notre Dame going to the ACC? Because they don't have to.We , on the other hand need the ACC while Notre Dame only needs a place for their other sports. It explains their lack of a sense of urgency.
Even though all the talk is ND to the ACC if their position is forced, I really they would go to the Big 10.

I'd be all for going to the ACC, but there is nothing we can do about it. If they wanted us we would already be in. BC blocked us, time to move on.

I do agree we are better off if ND tells the ACC no....ND is very good and making everyone wait...and wait..and wait..

Reaction Score

1) BCU doesn't tell ND what to do.
2) With ND in the conference, FSU and Clemson can no longer use football as an excuse to oppose UConn.
3) Pitt, Cuse, UNC, Dook lead the charge and BCU goes and sits in the corner. I don't know how tied in Brey is with his president, but if his feelings are widespread in their administration, then ND is definitely in favor of staying with UConn if/once they join a conference.

BCU is, should, and always will be scared of UConn. The rest of the opposition centers around wanting stronger football programs. With ND, that point is moot and UConn is welcomed with open arms.

Reaction Score
I'd be all for going to the ACC, but there is nothing we can do about it. If they wanted us we would already be in.

weird how you keep saying that, yet when I tell you that Cuse wanted in the ACC 7 years ago you ignore it.

A lot has changed in the past 12 months. No reason to think that door is closed. Unless you're a mets fan and used to disappointment, nevermind.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Isn't this the plot basis for like, a million bad romantic comedies?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Isn't this the plot basis for like, a million bad romantic comedies?

Junglehusky, you sir and CTMike make me lol at least once a day on here. A lot of funny users as well!

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is not joining a conference for football so it has no impact. But the ACC is not going to 16 right now and that is why we are not going anytime soon if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom