Does anyone know what's up with the | The Boneyard

Does anyone know what's up with the

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I keep praying that somehow we get it in for 2017 schedule, but that wont happen prob.

Reaction Score
I would guess we made a deal to get Missouri instead. But I think it is supposed to get resolved by September.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have zero faith that this series will be played. If anything, I can see a one-off (us going down to Knoxville only)...and I'd be okay with that. I was looking forward to going down to their place more than I was looking forward to them coming here, to be honest. But I'd say there is a less than 5% of us playing against the Vols here or there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's been cancelled. There are no longer any obligations tied to that series.

Reaction Score
If I were betting I would bet that the games never happen. But if I recall correctly there is a September deadline, for some reason I think 9/18, by which both agreed this series will be resolved some way or other. Maybe we get a series with Ol' Miss or someone instead as well as Missu. If you look at Tenn's schedule for the future it sure looks like they are:
A giving up their tradition of playing road games.
B trying to downgrade their no league schedule.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yeah - to be clear - I'd go in the 5% range that this contract plays out as-is, and probably 10-15% that it plays out at all.

Reaction Score
Doubtful it ever happens. My question is if the series is cancelled due to UT backing out, would they be required to buy out of the contract? I'm guessing no, but not sure.

Reaction Score
Doubtful it ever happens. My question is if the series is cancelled due to UT backing out, would they be required to buy out of the contract? I'm guessing no, but not sure.
Yes, that's why TN hasn't canceled it. If they back out the buyout I believe is in the millions.

Reaction Score
My guess is if it is played Tenn will want it at UT and neutral site. Warde better hang tough.

Reaction Score
I have zero faith that this series will be played. If anything, I can see a one-off (us going down to Knoxville only)...and I'd be okay with that. I was looking forward to going down to their place more than I was looking forward to them coming here, to be honest. But I'd say there is a less than 5% of us playing against the Vols here or there.

I went to the UT-Vandy game in Knoxville two years ago. Great time, awesome gameday experience.

Reaction Score
I went to the UT-Vandy game in Knoxville two years ago. Great time, awesome gameday experience.

I guess folks showed up in their seats before kickoff. Wonder how they did that.

Reaction Score
Who cares if we play Tenn or not? With where UConn is right now, there's 50 other programs out there that would be just as attractive to have a 2 game series against.

Reaction Score
I guess folks showed up in their seats before kickoff. Wonder how they did that.

I know you're just trolling our fanbase, but the truth is that you can't actually tailgate within a quarter-half mile of Neyland Stadium. The entire campus/town shuts down on game day and police actually have jurisdiction to break up tailgating within a certain time frame.

So, yeah, it's a combination of fans recognizing they have a walk ahead of them to get to Neyland and the fact that the city of Knoxville has jurisdiction over tailgating that gets fans butts in the stadium - at least that's what I witnessed.

Reaction Score
Warde could dangle a home & home women's basketball series as a sweetener for the football series.....har har.

Reaction Score
Warde could dangle a home & home women's basketball series as a sweetener for the football series.....har har.
Didn't Indiana and Louisville just agree to something similar to this, except in football and men's basketball?

Reaction Score
It's been cancelled. There are no longer any obligations tied to that series.

Given the way it's promoted on the website, I think it is still under agreement. Kinda at UTs option. If they want to just blow it off, they have very little skin in the game. It might just be in their self-interest to keep us around. It ain't gonna be easy scheduling in that SEC OOC going forward.

Reaction Score
Didn't Indiana and Louisville just agree to something similar to this, except in football and men's basketball?
Yes. H&H in hoops, and I think a 3 game FB deal.

Reaction Score
freescooter said:
If I were betting I would bet that the games never happen. But if I recall correctly there is a September deadline, for some reason I think 9/18, by which both agreed this series will be resolved some way or other. Maybe we get a series with Ol' Miss or someone instead as well as Missu. If you look at Tenn's schedule for the future it sure looks like they are: A giving up their tradition of playing road games. B trying to downgrade their no league schedule.

Warde is waiting for a BB matchup so he can schedule both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom