does anyone know anything about next year's schedule? | The Boneyard

does anyone know anything about next year's schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i found where we had UMass, Maryland, NCState and Buffalo listed as OOC, but even without the current conference turmoil that leaves us one short. i can't imagine WVU will be able to leave before 2012 due to the scheduling difficulties it would cause for the rest of the BE. if we have the spot open there might be some B12 teams that are looking to fill a hole in their schedule from the loss of Missouri

Reaction Score
@ Western Michigan, return game. Umass, NCState, Buff home. @ Maryland.

Front loaded schedule again. All five non-conference games will be played before Oct. 1. I'm not a fan of scheduling this way, but it's the way it's been done. We'll see what happens moving forward if P favors it. I have no idea. There positives and negatives to front loading your scheduling like this.

West Virginia, Cincy and Pitt at home.

Hopefully the last season where we play an even 6-6 home and away split. 2013 will be the first 8 game home season.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Wondering if anything happens to the UMass game, with them being FBS next year. Then again, you could slot in a new FCS game if WVU bails.

Reaction Score
UMASS game will generate a lot of interest and hopefully begin a good rivalry

Reaction Score
UMASS game will generate a lot of interest and hopefully begin a good rivalry

Hopefully not. A rivalry means the games are competitive and each team wins a few here and there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Nobody gives a about UMASS.

For the love of god stop playing Buffalo.

If we replace WVU with a FCS team our season slate will be:

FCS
Buffalo
UMASS
NC State
Pitt
Cincy

Sorry. I'm not buying season tickets with that slate. I'll go to every ggame but just get scalpers and save myself $100 and get better seats to boot.

Reaction Score
I care and I will buy Season's Ticket's BECAUSE of it.

Reaction Score
I give a about UMass. The last time I was at a UConn - UMass game it was 1997, we were in Amherst, there was snow all over the place, we built a giant UCONN out of snow in teh stands and Shane Stafford broke DeGennaro's single season touchdown throws recrod and Carl Bond set a single season receiving mark. I hope we can build a passing game like we had then at this level.

UMass is now a division 1-A football program, like it or not, and we've got some work to do to take over the lead in the history of that matchup, and the sooner UMass starts picking up the program at this level, the farther down the cellar BC stays.

I will be excited for that matchup, not just because it's the opening game.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

FCS
Buffalo
UMASS
NC State
Pitt
Cincy

Sorry. I'm not buying season tickets with that slate. I'll go to every ggame but just get scalpers and save myself $100 and get better seats to boot.
Hmmm, so you will take part in and encourage behavior that is detrimental to the football program. Perfect. Why don't you make some bootleg UConn t-shirts and sell them in the parking lot while you're at it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hmmm, so you will take part in and encourage behavior that is detrimental to the football program. Perfect. Why don't you make some bootleg UConn t-shirts and sell them in the parking lot while you're at it.

Yeah, going to games is so detrimental to the program, next on my list is selling the playbook to Rutgers.

Get over yourself, you are probably one of the jerk offs that gave people a hard time for buying $15 stub hub tickets at the Fiesta Bowl instead of buying $150 tickets through UConn.

Somebody bought the tickets, I'll just be going at a discounted rate, to see discount rate competition.

Reaction Score
You know what's annoying about people like this? I'll tell you what. All the UConn fans that I know, that go to games regularly, purchase season tickets, or choose not to and buy as they go, or travel to see the games at away venues............we all buy tickets to see the UConn Huskies. If they happen to be playing a high profile opponent, even better. But we go to see the Huskies.

Reaction Score

FCS
Buffalo
UMASS
NC State
Pitt
Cincy

A few things...

1.) The tradeoff is that there are two nearby conference away games, in Syracuse and Rutgers. Rutgers is extremely drivable, and with any luck, we get enough numbers to put a bus together for Syracuse. If not, its still drivable. The home slate you list sucks, no doubt, but if you factor in driving to Maryland, Cuse, Rutgers...it's going to be a good season of football.

2.) What do you really want out of the UConn scheduling department? We can't help the WVU situation. You want to replace Buffalo and UMass with Auburn and Florida State? I mean, it'd be cool - but we'd lose any chance of going bowling. NC State is a solid OOC home game. Going forward, I hope UMass replaces Buffalo as the MAC team that we insist on scheduling, because it will be another UConn road game within a 2 hour drive.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A few things...

1.) The tradeoff is that there are two nearby conference away games, in Syracuse and Rutgers. Rutgers is extremely drivable, and with any luck, we get enough numbers to put a bus together for Syracuse. If not, its still drivable. The home slate you list sucks, no doubt, but if you factor in driving to Maryland, Cuse, Rutgers...it's going to be a good season of football.

2.) What do you really want out of the UConn scheduling department? We can't help the WVU situation. You want to replace Buffalo and UMass with Auburn and Florida State? I mean, it'd be cool - but we'd lose any chance of going bowling. NC State is a solid OOC home game. Going forward, I hope UMass replaces Buffalo as the MAC team that we insist on scheduling, because it will be another UConn road game within a 2 hour drive.

1) Rutgers is an easy drive, I went to the game in 2008 there. I was contemplating making the trip down to Maryland as well. Both are very easy and manageable trips.

2) UConn gets a pass for WVU and the scheduling issues that will potentially arise from that. NC State is the exact kind of game we should be scheduling. I'm not asking for Auburn or Florida State, but mid to low BCS teams would greatly improve the schedule over the likes of Buffalo and directional Michigan (everyone save yourself the we lost to a directional Michigan team this year comment). If we insist on 2 MAC games I'd much rather they be Temple/UMASS just for proximity sake. I'm not asking for the world here but should it be that hard to get or renew home and homes with Virginia, UNC, Iowa State, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Northwestern, Kentucky, etc. type of teams?

Reaction Score
The athletic department has signed long term deals with Buffalo and Temple. I don't recall when those deals end, but the reasoning was that they were "local" D1A teams, and because of the length of the deals, they were also amenable to moving the games around when and if we needed them to be moved. Although we have occassionally played both, we in a single season, the original plan was to play either Buffalo or Temple as one of our non-conference games every year. As far as UMass goes, I like that we're playing them and I'd like us to add them to the Temple-Buffalo rotation. When this game was originally made they were still 1AA. It will be a nice earlys eason game for us each year. I would hope that eventually it could develop into a rivalry in the sense of maybe LSU-Tulane (LSU leads 69-22-7) or even West Virginia-Marshall.

Reaction Score
1) Rutgers is an easy drive, I went to the game in 2008 there. I was contemplating making the trip down to Maryland as well. Both are very easy and manageable trips.

2) UConn gets a pass for WVU and the scheduling issues that will potentially arise from that. NC State is the exact kind of game we should be scheduling. I'm not asking for Auburn or Florida State, but mid to low BCS teams would greatly improve the schedule over the likes of Buffalo and directional Michigan (everyone save yourself the we lost to a directional Michigan team this year comment). If we insist on 2 MAC games I'd much rather they be Temple/UMASS just for proximity sake. I'm not asking for the world here but should it be that hard to get or renew home and homes with Virginia, UNC, Iowa State, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Northwestern, Kentucky, etc. type of teams?

LMAO. UConn gets a break because of the hypothetical loss of WVU that isn't going to happen? Sheesh.

The home schedule includes a decent ACC team and three perennial Big East contenders. Ticket holders will have to see two games that are meant to be guaranteed wins. My heart cries for the complainers.

Reaction Score
I'll tell you waht, if anybody that actually is involved in the program is taking UMass lightly, that's a big problem. We don't have a Texas Southern on the schedule in 2012. I'm tired of people thinking that the non-conference part of football is supposed to be so easy. Football games are friggin hard to win. Maybe it comes from fans being so saturated with basketball.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The OOC is about two things, selling tickets and banking wins for bowl eligibility. Regularly staying home for.bowl season is a program killer.

During the early BCS years we needed the Maine's, Buffalos of the world to make bowl games and establish credibility as a program. That's over now. We need to beat the MAC and low level AQ teams. No more FBS teams. This season was a disappointment because of the OOC losses. That was a 5-0 schedule and we were 2-3. I don't care that relative to past years. OSU and Vandy were "up" this year.

Two MAC, One low AQ, One Elite Name going forward, especially as the BE schedule is not going to be as enticing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
LMAO. UConn gets a break because of the hypothetical loss of WVU that isn't going to happen? Sheesh.

The home schedule includes a decent ACC team and three perennial Big East contenders. Ticket holders will have to see two games that are meant to be guaranteed wins. My heart cries for the complainers.

This. Next year's schedule is an improvement over this last year's!

Reaction Score
does anyone know what the ACC's scheduling will be after they add Pitt and Cuse? assuming they add another conference game it'll be even tougher to schedule ACC opponents in the future. it seems like a byproduct of expanding conferences may be more games against MAC teams for us

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Oh, so you and the Big East Army are going to put a blockade on West Virginia sports? WVU is scum for leaving and breaking their contract that they agreed to - but tell me why/how they'll not be in the Big XII this year.

Reaction Score
I'm not asking for the world here but should it be that hard to get or renew home and homes with Virginia, UNC, Iowa State, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Northwestern, Kentucky, etc. type of teams?

At least according to this (proper skepticism required) , we're picking up UVA again in '16 and '17

Reaction Score
Oh, so you and the Big East Army are going to put a blockade on West Virginia sports? WVU is scum for leaving and breaking their contract that they agreed to - but tell me why/how they'll not be in the Big XII this year.

I'm not a lawyer, but here's my take.

West Virginia is going nowhere, and was dumb to file that lawsuit. I've never been really impressed with Luck as AD over there.

They've put themselves in a very dangerous position, and could very well end up in limbo, with no conference for any of their sports for significant period of time, if a judge rules that they can leave the big east early and for some reason teh big east really decides to play hardball and remove them as of 2013 when the new teams come in.

West Virginia could be left without BCS affiliation in football for the 2013 season, and left without a home for all of it's sports for a full calendar year. Talk about an athletic department disaster.

I highly doubt that the big east leadership would do that and damage their athletic department so deeply, but if a judge rules that WVU can withdraw early, they certainly could screw WVU real hard.

I highly doubt that the 27 month time frame to join another conference would be changed though, and if a judge actually does rule that the 27 month waiting period is not to be upheld, 27 months will probably go by before all the appeals actually go through the courts anyway.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Somebody bought the tickets, I'll just be going at a discounted rate, to see discount rate competition.
I go to the games to see the UConn Huskies play. I'm more excited about playing BCS schools than FCS schools, but every team in the country has duds on their schedule.

Fans want UConn to get to the "next level" in football. Here's the real problem: it's not on the administration, coaches or players at this point. It's on us fans. We need to keep building our fanbase. We need to sell out season tickets. We need to travel well for away games and bowl games. We need a packed house that impresses recruits. We need to get attendance up to a point where we can consider stadium expansion in the next 10 years. The posters on this website have done some great things to promote the team - bus trips to away games, buying extra tickets for friends who are "casual fans" and even donating money to send students to a bowl game. Posts like yours have the opposite effect.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I go to the games to see the UConn Huskies play. I'm more excited about playing BCS schools than FCS schools, but every team in the country has duds on their schedule.

Fans want UConn to get to the "next level" in football. Here's the real problem: it's not on the administration, coaches or players at this point. It's on us fans. We need to keep building our fanbase. We need to sell out season tickets. We need to travel well for away games and bowl games. We need a packed house that impresses recruits. We need to get attendance up to a point where we can consider stadium expansion in the next 10 years. The posters on this website have done some great things to promote the team - bus trips to away games, buying extra tickets for friends who are "casual fans" and even donating money to send students to a bowl game. Posts like yours have the opposite effect.

Listen, I've had season tickets at The Rent, Gampel and XL for the past 7 years. I've been to numerous away games, Big East Championships and the 4 bowl game in that span as well. So please, spare me the song and dance about how my behavior is detrimental to UConn's athletic programs.

I would argue the problem is the athletic department/ticket administration and the way they keep screwing over the season ticket holders. The ticket pricing model needs to undergo some serious re-evaluating. If I know I can get tickets to every single game, sit in a better seat every single game and the kicker, pay less to do this to see the likes of Buffalo, UMASS, etc. why shouldn't I? I think about this every game when I go up to my "Top of the Rent" package, which is the second to last row from the top of the stadium and it costs me twice as much for what I can get in the parking lot or directly from UConn on the week of game sales. But the problem is me, right?

Bottom line is as simple as this.

Win games, and fill the Rent. I have control over 1 of those things and I'm doing my part as a fan.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Screw UMass. They are no friend of UConn. Both the BB and FB teams have tried to build up their pathetic programs by putting the badmouth on UConn over the years. We should shun them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom