OT: - Does anyone here work at Travelers? | The Boneyard

OT: Does anyone here work at Travelers?

Reaction Score
I may be applying/interviewing for a job in Hartford at Travelers in the coming weeks.

I would love to hear from anyone there now before I do so. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to disclose any personal info.

Reaction Score
I may be applying/interviewing for a job in Hartford at Travelers in the coming weeks.

I would love to hear from anyone there now before I do so. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to disclose any personal info.

What sort of job are you applying for? I'm at Travelers in Chicago.

Reaction Score
...?
His point was that the poster's handle is UConnStats, so it would be safe to assume the position would be in analytics. Obv stats means a person could fit in in a whole lot of places in an insurance company, but likely they aren't going into HR.

UConnStats, if you see this without me quoting you, what year did you graduate? 2005 stats major (undergrad) here

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score

I do, bud. Send me a PM if you'd like to chat about anything.

Reaction Score
His point was that the poster's handle is UConnStats, so it would be safe to assume the position would be in analytics. Obv stats means a person could fit in in a whole lot of places in an insurance company, but likely they aren't going into HR.

UConnStats, if you see this without me quoting you, what year did you graduate? 2005 stats major (undergrad) here

I think he was talking about @Matt (Chicago) because his handle has Chicago, and his post tells us he works (lives?) in Chicago.

Reaction Score

That's what I figured he meant. My question mark was due to me wondering why he would bother posting that in the first place...it's completely pointless and my reply had nothing to do with him. And yes to your point, there are a multitude of positions within Travelers that someone with a stats background could do...asking what he's applying for is a legit question.

Reaction Score
My brother did for like 15 years, until they shipped his entire department to india.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nice man, great city. My sister is out there. The job would be in finance.
Wish you the best in your interview, etc.
My mother was a Director at Travelers and my brother worked there 39 years
He got hurt while on the job and they took care of him in a really nice way.
But I have to disagree with Chitown - used to be one of my favorite places but the political party in charge there has ruined the city with their union pampering and no interest in protecting their residents. I's a haven for gangs.

Reaction Score
But I have to disagree with Chitown - used to be one of my favorite places but the political party in charge there has ruined the city with their union pampering and no interest in protecting their residents. I's a haven for gangs.

Couldn't be more wrong on Chicago. I've been here living and working in the city for 9 years. Gangs are no doubt an issue but that's confined to specific areas. I've never felt unsafe here. Saying a political party has ruined the city and it's a gang haven is a massive generalization. There are other posters here who I believe live in Chicago as well...maybe they'll feel differently than I do. @superjohn ?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Southside of Chicago is a war zone. Downtown Chicago and the north side are great. I love visiting there, as far as cities go, it's relatively clean and very friendly.

I'm in Chicago right now. The notion that gangs are everywhere is ridiculous.

I grew up around New Haven and it always bothered me that people couldn't understand that most of the city is very safe. One Yale kid dies every decade and people lose their minds.

Reaction Score
I'm in Chicago right now. The notion that gangs are everywhere is ridiculous.

I grew up around New Haven and it always bothered me that people couldn't understand that most of the city is very safe. One Yale kid dies every decade and people lose their minds.

what are you out here for? where are you staying?

Reaction Score

I'm in compensation in HR which is heavily stats based

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Couldn't be more wrong on Chicago. I've been here living and working in the city for 9 years. Gangs are no doubt an issue but that's confined to specific areas. I've never felt unsafe here. Saying a political party has ruined the city and it's a gang haven is a massive generalization. There are other posters here who I believe live in Chicago as well...maybe they'll feel differently than I do. @superjohn ?

From your avatar, it appears they have very shiny floors as well there. That's a notch in the plus column as well.

Reaction Score

Chicago is my 2nd home. Im there half of each month. Once you're out of the south side, its great. Chitown suburbs are also fantastic.
Wrigleyville area is particularly good.
Downsides: Super corrupt political system, 10% sales tax on everything.

Ive never felt unsafe.
I went to the gym at 2am (Loyola University area) and never gave it a 2nd thought or felt concerned about safety whatsoever.

I spend a decent amount of time on the south side as well (Cicero and North Aves.) and havent had an issue either.

Southside issue is gang on gang crime.

Something has to be done about this gang issue b/c its at epidemic proportions. If you think its bad now, its about to get even worse:
Warm weather outside just means more opportunity for a sudden outbreak of violence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chicago has it warts like most big cities (too much crime, taxes too high, too many corrupt politicians) but overall it's a great place. Lived here for around 13 years and sometimes driving on Lake Shore or standing by the river I'm still taken aback by how beautiful the city is.

Reaction Score
Chicago has it warts like most big cities (too much crime, taxes too high, too many corrupt politicians) but overall it's a great place. Lived here for around 13 years and sometimes driving on Lake Shore or standing by the river I'm still taken aback by how beautiful the city is.

Well Said.

I Fully Agree. There's a lot to do and Lot of Beautiful Areas.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Obviously there are parts of Chicago that are great
I guess one has to be pinpoint accurate or it rankles some posters
I used to go to Chicago with my father 5-6 times a year on business in the 60's and 70's and hung out at Wrigley because I've been a Cubs fan since 1965
I have been back many times since (my cousin has lived there since 1981) and it, to me, doesn't seem the same in the sense of security and ambiance. My cousin will be moving to Wyoming next year after early retirement and he says while he is a Chicago "native" in his heart, the city is not what it used to be and the politics, to him, is at the point of ridiculous.
Yes the suburbs are beautiful and Wrigleyville is special
I understand everyone has varying opinions and I accept yours as it being a satisfied resident - that's great
No, I don't live there, so I am not the expert but I go there enough and have for 50 years so I do have a point of reference

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom