OT: Does anyone here do computer coding or computer programming? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Does anyone here do computer coding or computer programming?

Reaction Score
. Thanks. I didn’t know about Google before this thread and now I learned about YouTube. Thanks
I mean go ahead. Spend money on a private course somewhere that might not be everything you hoped for.

Sounds like the rest of our education system lol.

Reaction Score
When you're up to speed codeproject.com has a ton of great examples. I've been coding for > 30 years and the last 10 that has been a great resource.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There are bootcamps as well. Your biggest issue will be getting your foot in the door, especially on side hustles. When I think of a side hustle, it's an experienced person taking on some afterhours work that they need little to no guidance or oversight on. Depending on what you want to do, once you are competent it might be a good idea to reach out to small business owner friends looking to automate/track/market via applications or web and do some pro bono work.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I mean go ahead. Spend money on a private course somewhere that might not be everything you hoped for.

Sounds like the rest of our education system lol.
I was being sarcastic lol. I found a couple very helpful YouTube pages. Look for something a bit more structured though. Games as well or the lessons being more interactive have been helpful

Reaction Score
Youtube, Coursea, Datacamp to name a few

I would suggest learning Python, SQL, R. Large data is programming is in demand.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thanks for the tips. Switching it how about Excel? What tips and tricks do you guys have? Any websites or YouTube videos you recommend?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
One of the most useful formulas in excel are vlookups. I would experiment with them. With excel, I tend to just google when I'm stuck.

Stackoverflow.com is a site I like to use for basic windows commands used in batch files/scripts.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the tips. Switching it how about Excel? What tips and tricks do you guys have? Any websites or YouTube videos you recommend?
What kind of job are you really interested in? The key word is really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom