Does Anyone have Video Freezing Problems With ESPN3 | The Boneyard

Does Anyone have Video Freezing Problems With ESPN3

Reaction Score
I have yet to watch a UCONN game on ESPN3 that doesn't have the video freeze on multiple occasions. Usually the audio continues and at some point in time the video returns. I have a super fast PC, 100MBs+ internet connection, 16GB memory and advanced graphics card - so I doubt my computer is the reason. However, the only time I watch ESPN3 is when they broadcast UCONN Womans basketball. Anyone else experience this problem? My internet provider is Spectrum. They claim that there is no problem on their end and when they check out my setup they claim everything is normal and I should receive a steady clear signal both video and audio wise. Sometimes, when UCONN is blowing away the competition, I stop watching and wait two days until the games is posted on the site that has all the games. No problems there.

Reaction Score
Do you use the website or the app version? ("WatchESPN")

The app has given me some odd issues from time to time. I get video freezes not unlike what you describe, plus the app outright crashing. I suspect that there's actually some sort of "interference" with my browser, depending on what webpages I have open. I think I have had less problems when I just try to watch the app with no browser open.

The website version has changed completely at some point in the last week or so. If you've been using the website version, have you noticed the change? Do you have problems under the old version, the new version, or both? I think they've changed it from a really old Flash-based video player to an HTML5 player. So far, the new ESPN3 website has worked quite well for me.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I usually have very little problems of this sort, but, it was particularly bad for the Tulane game - and, at pivotal points, too!:eek:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ESPN3 is hit and miss for me. I use Firefox as my primary browser, but when watching ESPN3, I use Google Chrome. I have less problems with ESPN3 when using Chrome.

Reaction Score
1. Try speedtest.net and check your download speed.
2. Try watching on a different device and see if the problem continues.
3. Can you stream a movie without freezing?

Reaction Score
ESPN3 is hit and miss for me. I use Firefox as my primary browser, but when watching ESPN3, I use Google Chrome. I have less problems with ESPN3 when using Chrome.
Interesting....ESPN3 will not play on my machine via Chrome; I have to go to another browser to get it to work. Of course, I am very restrictive with script blocking, so that may be the cause.

Reaction Score
Once again I spent about 1/2 hour with a Spectrum technician. She could find no problem on my end. She suggested that the freezing could be due to the number of people watching UCONN on ESPN3 at any given time, as the more there are, the greater the possibility of some problems. She then reset my router, which had been on continuously for 38 days. I went to ESPN3 and watched the only available program at that time. Everything worked fine for 10 minutes. Then I left. I will see what happens this Wednesday when they play again.

Reaction Score
Once again I spent about 1/2 hour with a Spectrum technician. She could find no problem on my end. She suggested that the freezing could be due to the number of people watching UCONN on ESPN3 at any given time, as the more there are, the greater the possibility of some problems. She then reset my router, which had been on continuously for 38 days. I went to ESPN3 and watched the only available program at that time. Everything worked fine for 10 minutes. Then I left. I will see what happens this Wednesday when they play again.

Refreshing the router may have fixed it. I would still run a speed test. If you are paying for 25mb/sec download then your speed test should be somewhere close to that.

I forgot to ask you if you are using wireless or wired?

Reaction Score
I usually have no problem with WatchESPN, and I watch it a lot. I do not watch UConn games on it. Last night I tried to watch the Texas-Baylor game, and it froze, got fuzzy, had the sound out of syncs with the video, and was generally unwatchable. I had to go watch the game on the TV. It may be that the more popular the game, the worse the experience. Ivy League games flow perfectly.

Reaction Score
I have Spectrum and watch most of the games on watchespn using Google Chrome. Last year I had a fair amount of trouble, but this year it's been just about flawless including watching on replay. Last year if I tried to use the scroll bar to skip commercials it would freeze up or jump to the end of the game. No problems this year. I really thought that between this year and last espn had fixed a problem on their end , but apparently not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom