Does anyone else have a problem | The Boneyard

Does anyone else have a problem

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
with Tim McCarver as a TV baseball analyst who seems to enjoy talking about the past more than the game he's currently "analyzing?" As a former Cardinal, he does a lot of STL Cards games and nearly always compels me to mute the audio so I can concentrate on the game actually being played rather than listen to his endless coma-inducing babble.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
with Tim McCarver as a TV baseball analyst who seems to enjoy talking about the past more than the game he's currently "analyzing?" As a former Cardinal, he does a lot of STL Cards games and nearly always compels me to mute the audio so I can concentrate on the game actually being played rather than listen to his endless coma-inducing babble.
Thankfully, he retired from FOX, so he is nowhere near as prevalent as he used to be. Where is he now? McCarver has been the same way for 30 years (First herd him do Mets games for WOR in the 80's), but got worse over time. Doing national games, he catered to the casual fan, the channel flipper that may not notice the nuances of baseball. If he is dedicated to a particular team now (i.e. the Cardinals), he should cater more to the die-hards that already know that which he spews.

Reaction Score
So, as a Mets fan, I absolutely despised him when he did their games. I would mute it and put on Bob Murphy and I've never done that to another announcer before or after him. He's painful. On a funnier note, when I was leaving Shea one time, the parking lot was a clusterfk. I was driving a piece of junk that I didn't care about and a big Cadillac tried cutting me off and I gunned it right at them. It was McCarver and the look on his face was priceless. I definitely scared the pants off him and then I flipped him off and he started screaming at me. Good times.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Tim McCarver and Joe Morgan are two color guys who I absolutely can't stand. I am so thankful that the MLB Network was formed with, mostly, intelligent former ballplayers who can articulate the game to the average fan pretty well. Dinosaurs like McCarver and Morgan need to stay on local market (read: homer) coverage.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
On the other hand, the demise of Joe Morgan also brought the demise of one of the funnier sports announcer/writer critiquing websites: firejoemorgan.com.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom