Does anyone agree with me that DD is not as good as everyone on boneyard says he is | The Boneyard

Does anyone agree with me that DD is not as good as everyone on boneyard says he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been saying this all along that Moe Harkless was a big loss and that DD is just not the same type of talent and player as Moe Harkless. I hope some people see this now - I know it's early in the season but you can tell when a player has talent and is going to be good and I don't see it in DD. He has slow feet, can't jump, can't create his own shot and can't guard a chair. The one thing that DD is supposed to be is a shooter and he isn't shooting well so far (considering they are almost all open shots) - he is only shooting 41% from the field, 28.5% from 3 and is shooting ok at the line at 75%. Right now DD may be shooting a little better from 3 and the FT line but Harkless is a much better athlete, defender, and can create his own shot - all Harkless has to do is improve his shot and you can improve your shot more then you can improve lateral quickness and overall athleticism. With that said, in the long run DD may be a good player to come off the bench and hit open 3's but I think he's too much of a defensive liability to be a starter-I think he should be coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
You and Vehcoo should be beaten.

I liked Harkless - Daniels is both a better talent and a better fit for this team. He's also a freshman, and therefore will look bad at times (like today).

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
DD is a GREAT player. He and RS are easily our best defenders at this point in the season (AD played very well today as well but not as consistently as DD has)

Reaction Score
DD is a GREAT player. He and RS are easily our best defenders at this point in the season (AD played very well today as well but not as consistently as DD has)
How exactly is he a great player? And how is he our best defender?

Reaction Score
DD has been sick for the past couple days. His twitter was saying that hes sick and getting worse. Thanks for the shout out Uconn990411..and no I don't think hes overrated..Just needs to get involved more in my opinion.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
How exactly is he a great player? And how is he our best defender?

You must not pay much attention to his defense. His defense alone makes him a very valuable part of the team.

Reaction Score
You and Vehcoo should be beaten.

I liked Harkless - Daniels is both a better talent and a better fit for this team. He's also a freshman, and therefore will look bad at times (like today).
Have you seen Harkless play? Take off you UConn glasses and be subjective. Harkless is a much better talent and a better player even at this point (and he is a freshman too).

Reaction Score
A lot has to do with the type of teams they are playing on. Harkless is playing with a bunch of freshmen and has the ball in his hands more than a typical freshman would. Daniels is stepping into a line-up of national champions and is trying to adjust to being a complementary player.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Have you seen Harkless play? Take off you UConn glasses and be subjective. Harkless is a much better talent and a better player even at this point (and he is a freshman too).
You mean objective?

Reactions: SJ

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Oh shut up or go root for that team. We've heard it from you ad naseum. Let's talk about it in a month. Then you might have enough information to discuss it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I've been saying this all along that Moe Harkless was a big loss and that DD is just not the same type of talent and player as Moe Harkless. I hope some people see this now - I know it's early in the season but you can tell when a player has talent and is going to be good and I don't see it in DD. He has slow feet, can't jump, can't create his own shot and can't guard a chair. The one thing that DD is supposed to be is a shooter and he isn't shooting well so far (considering they are almost all open shots) - he is only shooting 41% from the field, 28.5% from 3 and is shooting ok at the line at 75%. Right now DD may be shooting a little better from 3 and the FT line but Harkless is a much better athlete, defender, and can create his own shot - all Harkless has to do is improve his shot and you can improve your shot more then you can improve lateral quickness and overall athleticism. With that said, in the long run DD may be a good player to come off the bench and hit open 3's but I think he's too much of a defensive liability to be a starter-I think he should be coming off the bench.
he gets a block or two a game, recovers well, runs the floor better than anyone on the team, hustles dives on the floor, drives pretty well, has a sweet stroke, so no i don't agree

Reaction Score
u need to relax...i dont give a rats ass about harkless...all i know is DD is gonna be a monster soon enough...it wasnt his fault we lost today at all...we are not a half court team and our game is all about pushing the ball and he is just as good as anyone when doing so...DD is a stud and i would take him over that "heart-less" kid every day

Reaction Score
No

Reaction Score
Yes, I've seen two St. John's games. And I saw them both in high school.

Harkless is not the better talent. I'd say they're very comparable, but like I said, Daniels' game (he's way more perimeter-oriented) fits with UConn's needs a whole lot more.

Reaction Score
Wow the shmucks are out in full force today.
Can anyone on the boneyard be subjective, cause there have been a number of analysts that agree with me and are talking about Harkless being a potential POY candidate in a year or two and I have yet to hear anyone say that about DD. So the FAB 5 were all freshman as well and 4 out of 5 of them had very productive NBA carreers - SJ's freshman aren't as good but their starting lineup is very good so I don't know what you are trying to prove. Harkless is shooting better from the field, averging more points, avg more rebounds, more steals, more blocks - the only categories DD is better in are FT% and 3pt%. I would be willing to bet anything Harkless makes the all freshman team for the BE and DD doesn't, I'd also being willing to be Harkless will have a better season and will ultimately be a better player then DD. You really think DD is one of our better defenders-I think you are drinking to much of the UConn coolaid. AD and Boatright are our best Freshman, AD will leave to go pro and may be the top pick in the draft based on his potential - since he's a UConn player should I say that he is better then Sullinger and Barnes (no-cause right now he is not. I think he has more potential then both tho)

Reaction Score
he gets a block or two a game, recovers well, runs the floor better than anyone on the team, hustles dives on the floor, drives pretty well, has a sweet stroke, so no i don't agree
AD runs the floor the best on the team, and RS runs the floor better then DD.

Reaction Score
u need to relax...i dont give a rats ass about harkless...all i know is DD is gonna be a monster soon enough...it wasnt his fault we lost today at all...we are not a half court team and our game is all about pushing the ball and he is just as good as anyone when doing so...DD is a stud and i would take him over that "heart-less" kid every day
You must know more then Calhoun then, cause Calhoun wanted Harkless. When they lost him they started looking at Daniels.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Can anyone on the boneyard be subjective, cause there have been a number of analysts that agree with me and are talking about Harkless being a potential POY candidate in a year or two and I have yet to hear anyone say that about DD. So the FAB 5 were all freshman as well and 4 out of 5 of them had very productive NBA carreers - SJ's freshman aren't as good but their starting lineup is very good so I don't know what you are trying to prove. Harkless is shooting better from the field, averging more points, avg more rebounds, more steals, more blocks - the only categories DD is better in are FT% and 3pt%. I would be willing to bet anything Harkless makes the all freshman team for the BE and DD doesn't, I'd also being willing to be Harkless will have a better season and will ultimately be a better player then DD. You really think DD is one of our better defenders-I think you are drinking to much of the UConn coolaid. AD and Boatright are our best Freshman, AD will leave to go pro and may be the top pick in the draft based on his potential - since he's a UConn player should I say that he is better then Sullinger and Barnes (no-cause right now he is not. I think he has more potential then both tho)

It's objective, not subjective. Being a UConn fan and saying one of our players is not as good as another is not necessarily objective, it could actually be subjective and potentially wrong to boot.

Reaction Score
I guess to fit in I should say Lamb is going to be better then Jordan and Lebron, AD is going to be better then Shaq and Wilt, DD is going to be better then Durant, Boatright and Napier are going to be better then Iverson. You guys need to learn to be subjective, root for your team and wish them the best but be real

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They're completely different types of players. Also, who the hell is saying Harkless is a future POY?

Reaction Score
I guess to fit in I should say Lamb is going to be better then Jordan and Lebron, AD is going to be better then Shaq and Wilt, DD is going to be better then Durant, Boatright and Napier are going to be better then Iverson. You guys need to learn to be subjective, root for your team and wish them the best but be real

No to fit in you shouldn't post because you seem like a fn dope!! DD overrated can only be started by a dope - how's that Mark?

Reaction Score
They're completely different types of players. Also, who the hell is saying Harkless is a future POY?
Everyone of SJ's game every analyst talks about how good he is going to be. They are both 6'8"and play the same position. Right now DD has a slightly better shot but that's it, Harkless is a much better athlete that can slash to the basket and score whereas DD's whole game rely's on hitting open shots created by others cause he can't create his own shot.

Reaction Score
Everyone of SJ's game every analyst talks about how good he is going to be. They are both 6'8"and play the same position. Right now DD has a slightly better shot but that's it, Harkless is a much better athlete that can slash to the basket and score whereas DD's whole game rely's on hitting open shots created by others cause he can't create his own shot.

I can understand what your saying. I don't think DD has the opportunity to do that. He barely gets the ball. Today DD did take the ball to the rack and made the shot but they said it was a charge, I don't think it was tho. But Harkless is getting a chance to make more of an impact. Not saying you're wrong because stats and stuff. I do like DDs defense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom