Does anybody in the UConn hierarchy have the balls to make the right decisions.... | The Boneyard

Does anybody in the UConn hierarchy have the balls to make the right decisions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we are all upset, but does anybody think the powers to be at the University, including the board of trustees can make the right decisions going forward? Their past record shows us they can't..I think we need someone who also understands sports and its importance to the lifeblood of the name UCONN.....

Reaction Score
Who can we trust to make the right decision? The President wants to be everybody's friend and Manuel seems to be satisfied with being a glorified cheerleader. The trustees? As long as the money is rolling in they won't move. It's up to us to make so much noise that they have to do something.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooo.

Truthful answer: Noooooooooooooo.

Reaction Score
Nope. They are buffoons. All of them. The whole collapse of football and the ACC is a travesty. Basketball will undoubtedly take a hit as we will struggle to attract marquee players. They will want a real national spotlight, not some half-a$$ed mid tier league.

We are so screwed its hard to even imagine. The failure of these small minds will ripple for years.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If "the right decision" means replacing P tomorrow to satisfy the fans/alumni, then probably no. If it means replacing P at the end of the season to begin the process of turning the program around, then yes.

Reaction Score
As I have saying PP has been calling the defensive plays. This answers the questions about defensive play. I'm sure he has not been giving Weist advice.

From Jim Fullers blog (not worth posting link as it's mostly PP talking sh@t)

PP statement:

Other things, one of the touchdown passes is on a freshman cornerback and I asked him to play press coverage on the guy so they couldn’t throw a hitch on first down so they went on top and he got beat up top

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
As I have saying PP has been calling the defensive plays. This answers the questions about defensive play. I'm sure he has not been giving Weist advice.

From Jim Fullers blog (not worth posting link as it's mostly PP talking sh@t)

PP statement:

Other things, one of the touchdown passes is on a freshman cornerback and I asked him to play press coverage on the guy so they couldn’t throw a hitch on first down so they went on top and he got beat up top

In other words, the one thing P's good at he sucks at. Had he stopped coaching we may not have give up that touchdown. Wonder how many other TD's are on his advice?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Keeping P a minute longer does nothing but push borderline fans past the edge of no return. For , make a damn decision. ANY decision is better than NO decision.

100% certainty that P is gone. The more WM drags it out, the more it reflects poorly on UConn, on him... the more that people will make up their mind on his tenure too. WM gains literally nothing by letting this drag out. I've defended him, mostly. But this is a freakin head scratcher. It's OVER, Warde.

Reaction Score
I Noticed watching the channel 30 sports, our favorite sports guy, Joe d...NOT... ...He didn't even mention anything about Kiffin or college football.. Oh I forgot, him and Kevin Nathan drink the UConn Koolaid and were probably making a new batch.....On another note.. You think the Paul Pasqualoni radio show will have some heated exchanges from callers or attendees... Better yet lets gather there n raise the chant Paul and George has got to go...

Reaction Score
Coach will be gone at the end of the year. What does UConn gain from firing him now? All it does it cause turmoil and officially kills the season. Unless they are considering one of his assistants and want to see what they can do, there's no gain in firing them now. December 10th at 10 am UConn will announce the firing, so we should all just sit tight.

Reaction Score
What does UConn gain from firing him now? All it does it cause turmoil and officially kills the season..

As opposed to the smooth, efficiently operated juggernaut we've seen the last four games.

Whacking P is SAVING the season

Reaction Score
As opposed to the smooth, efficiently operated juggernaut we've seen the last four games.

Whacking P is SAVING the season
No its not, it's satisfying the blood lust to have him and GDL axed now, period. The season will not miraculously get better by them being let go now unless of course you can couple that with somehow bringing in players that play like they give a too. Letting P&G go now will only make us happy. And when has UConn football ever been a smooth, efficiently operated juggernaut? Or did that only exist in your head!

Reaction Score
And when has UConn football ever been a smooth, efficiently operated juggernaut? Or did that only exist in your head!

Yeah those four consecutive years of at least 8 wins and a bowl appearance were a real bear to endure. Tell uncles Paul and George we said hi. Or go coach your high school team.

Reaction Score
Fire him now, simply to show that school still gives a crap. It's not like we'll do wires without this rube.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No group of people is this stupid. There is no reasonable possibility that the Board of Trustees is so incomprehensively stupid that they do not recognize that every second that Pasqualoni remains the head coach he damages the football program, the athletic program and the university. If a decision is so obvious to all is not implemented immediately, there must be a reason.

Maybe that reason is that McHugh's personal loyalty to Pasqualoni is more important than the survival of the athletic department. Maybe the reason is that the Board of Trustees wants to de-emphasize athletics. I don't know. But keeping Pasqualoni another second after the game last night is overwhelming evidence that the Board of Trustees, Herbst and/or Manuel is deliberately trying to sabotage the athletic program.

Reaction Score
Hope. A pulse.

No group of people is this stupid. There is no reasonable possibility that the Board of Trustees is so incomprehensively stupid that they do not recognize that every second that Pasqualoni remains the head coach he damages the football program, the athletic program and the university. If a decision is so obvious to all is not implemented immediately, there must be a reason.

Maybe that reason is that McHugh's personal loyalty to Pasqualoni is more important than the survival of the athletic department. Maybe the reason is that the Board of Trustees wants to de-emphasize athletics. I don't know. But keeping Pasqualoni another second after the game last night is overwhelming evidence that the Board of Trustees, Herbst and/or Manuel is deliberately trying to sabotage the athletic program.

Are recruits coming out and saying they won't commit until Pasqualoni is gone? Are players quiting this team left and right an announcing that they are going to transfer? What damage is being done by having him coach this season vs firing him now? Do you really think that if they drop him today, that UConn will suddenly run the table and make a bowl game? So explain how the program is being damaged by waiting until the end of the season to fire him? Also I'd love for you to name some coaches other than Kiffin that were fired mid-season in college football for their performance?

It has nothing to do with loyalty or not caring. It just comes down to knowing that its better for most programs to have a coaching change at the end of the season instead of mid-season.

Reaction Score
The trustees? As long as the money is rolling in they won't move. It's up to us to make so much noise that they have to do something.
If referring to fundraising, since when has the money been rolling in for UCONN?

Reaction Score
I would have to assume the leadership is hearing a LOT right now from prominent people associated with the school. Their voices certainly are heard. Or else, UConn doesn't get donations.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Oh nooooo lets not risk losing what is considered the worst recruiting class for any school claiming to be relevant in the country or worse yet scoring the ALMIGHTY CONNECTICUT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Are recruits coming out and saying they won't commit until Pasqualoni is gone? Are players quiting this team left and right an announcing that they are going to transfer? What damage is being done by having him coach this season vs firing him now? Do you really think that if they drop him today, that UConn will suddenly run the table and make a bowl game? So explain how the program is being damaged by waiting until the end of the season to fire him? Also I'd love for you to name some coaches other than Kiffin that were fired mid-season in college football for their performance?

It has nothing to do with loyalty or not caring. It just comes down to knowing that its better for most programs to have a coaching change at the end of the season instead of mid-season.
This season is toast, regardless of coach. The damage that is being done, that every additional SECOND this clown is in charge of UConn Football, UConn is saying : we are ok with this. And I guarantee you that fans have had enough of this . Every day, more fans are being pushed over the edge and realizing that following this team is a choice, not an obligation. Everyone has their limits. Fire him now and at least let people know that UConn will not tolerate this and that there's hope.

So please explain to me the BENEFIT of keeping this jerk in charge. So we can be like everyone else? Please.

Reaction Score
Yeah those four consecutive years of at least 8 wins and a bowl appearance were a real bear to endure. Tell uncles Paul and George we said hi. Or go coach your high school team.

Glad to know 8 wins is your bar for declaring the program as a smooth, efficiently operated juggernaut. Way to aim high. No where did I say I didn't enjoy those times did, I go to the games, the bowls, the road trips, and I travel over three hours round trip to do so regardless of the team winning or losing so don't even go there. This was a long time coming, we can be happy that it has, but the reality is the players still have to make plays, so don't be too disappointed when the season doesn't turn around. The players need to step up now even more than before, especially if system change is made, and these are them same guys who exhibited no motivation or heart in games against Towson and Buffalo and no ability to do anything on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
Glad to know 8 wins is your bar for declaring the program as a smooth, efficiently operated juggernaut. Way to aim high. No where did I say I didn't enjoy those times did, I go to the games, the bowls, the road trips, and I travel over three hours round trip to do so regardless of the team winning or losing so don't even go there. This was a long time coming, we can be happy that it has, but the reality is the players still have to make plays, so don't be too disappointed when the season doesn't turn around. The players need to step up now even more than before, especially if system change is made, and these are them same guys who exhibited no motivation or heart in games against Towson and Buffalo and no ability to do anything on a consistent basis.

Nobody said 8 wins was a "bar". It was a reasonable standard P was asked to surpass, a standard which RE deserves a lot of credit for establishing in a short amount of time but needs to raised. P couldn't even freaking sniff it. Thank God Warde (and whoever else) made the right move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom