Do you follow any players internationally? | The Boneyard

Do you follow any players internationally?

Reaction Score
Some guys I try to check up on after each game. Isaiah Whaley and Kentan Facey in particular.

Last time I checked, Isaiah Whaley was #2 in the top tier German league for defensive rebounding (the #1 guy is his teammate) and he's in the top ten in a few other categories and top 25 for a few others, with 216 total players. His overall value is 11th, so pretty impressive.

His numbers were even better earlier on, but the Academics added another star frontcourt player, so it's kind of like his last year at UConn where he was still good, but there weren't as many stats to go around.

I know age is a factor, but I think he would've had a shot at a stint in the NBA if he'd stayed in the G-League. His 3-point shot has really improved. I can't blame him for taking the opportunity to play in Europe though. He'll still make a nice paycheck while living in a beautiful country.

Reaction Score
Some guys I try to check up on after each game. Isaiah Whaley and Kentan Facey in particular.

Last time I checked, Isaiah Whaley was #2 in the top tier German league for defensive rebounding (the #1 guy is his teammate) and he's in the top ten in a few other categories and top 25 for a few others, with 216 total players. His overall value is 11th, so pretty impressive.

His numbers were even better earlier on, but the Academics added another star frontcourt player, so it's kind of like his last year at UConn where he was still good, but there weren't as many stats to go around.

I know age is a factor, but I think he would've had a shot at a stint in the NBA if he'd stayed in the G-League. His 3-point shot has really improved. I can't blame him for taking the opportunity to play in Europe though. He'll still make a nice paycheck while living in a beautiful country.
The NBA needs to up the ante for G league which is barely survival as the average salary for a non NBA rooster player is 40-50K Players make more money staying in school or overseas . They keep guys for a year or two with the carrot of NBA riches which is a long shot . When your in your mid twenties most guys realize that it’s time to move on
Developing a true minor league system like baseball is not easy or as cheap as people believe.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The NBA needs to up the ante for G league which is barely survival as the average salary for a non NBA rooster player is 40-50K Players make more money staying in school or overseas . They keep guys for a year or two with the carrot of NBA riches which is a long shot . When your in your mid twenties most guys realize that it’s time to move on
Developing a true minor league system like baseball is not easy or as cheap as people believe.

Lol. Or, the NBA could spend zero dollars and let international clubs spend almost the money paying these players.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
No but I do follow Adama in the Windy City. Might as well be another country. He is eating up the competition in G league play. Looking at the Bulls he should be starting for them!

Reaction Score
No but I do follow Adama in the Windy City. Might as well be another country. He is eating up the competition in G league play. Looking at the Bulls he should be starting for them!
He may soon. Remember that G League players on two way contracts can only be active on an NBA team for a maximum of 50 games.

Reaction Score
I occasionally watch Gavin Edwards games here in Japan. Would like to catch a game live at some point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom