Do you believe? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We're sorely lacking an inside game.

That is pretty much it. A Jeff Adrien type would totally change this team. At present, we have nothing in the paint, except from the guards, and what they get has a high degree of difficulty, not the easy baskets we need. Effectively, this team has zero ability to get an easy bucket, except off of turnovers on the break.

What I can't decide is why. Olander is no stud, but hell, even he used to put his back to the basket, put his hands up and look for the ball. I don't see any of our guys even acting like they want the ball. I can't even recall the last time someone threw it in to a big who was actually posting up. We don't run pick and rolls, we don't run backdoor cuts, we don't set interior screens, nothing.

Calhoun never ran pretty offenses (like say Bob Knight at Indiana), but he still had a basic inside-out game, while allowing the players to create. This team looks like a playground pick-up team that has never played together before. They do not play as a team on offense, although they do most of the time on D. It reminds me (not in a good way) of my daughter's 5th grade team, where our offense usually involves our best player taking a rebound coast to coast for a basket (our D is stellar, though we don't rebound well). This UConn team doesn't even get any of its big men to the line. Think about that. That means that the bigs are not getting the ball, and are not doing anything agressive with it when they do. This team needs to come out and pound the ball inside, over and over again to start the game. Post Giffey and Daniels and Nolan or Brimah. It will open up things for the guards as well.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm bloodied, I'm staggered, I have a lot less swagger, but you can't knock me down.

You won't knock me out

I'm going the distance

"cut me Mick, cut me"

Reaction Score
I'm bloodied, I'm staggered, I have a lot less swagger, but you can't knock me down.

You won't knock me out

I'm going the distance

"cut me Mick, cut me"
I'll up you one... My family room has more uconn stuff hanging in it if I ever moved and took all the Molly's out the walls the house might fall down.
I still believe..

Reaction Score
What games are you people watching ? there is no issue with the offense , stop clamoring for Giffey to start acting like he's ray Allen. the issue starts and ends with lack of quality size. IMO KO has done terrific seeing he has no athleticism up front.

Reaction Score
I think we'll beat a good Harvard team on Wednesday and (sort of) get back on track. This is going to be a roller coaster of a season and I think we're at a low point right now. We'll climb again, then end up with another bad loss or two soon enough.

Ultimately I believe we're a #10 or 11 seed. Still a good shot at the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
I'm down for an 8/9 seed.

1. I have yet to see an unbeatable team this year.

2. UCONN seems to perform better as an underdog.

3. If we lose, no big deal...but if we win...

Reaction Score
I stand somewhere in the middle. Im holding out hope that somebody out of Brimah, Nolan, Facey, or Olander can turn the corner and give us at least something.

Hope is good but I think we would be better off expecting very little from this group this season. If they produce we will be happy, if they play as expected we will be somewhat pleased or at least not disappointed.

I really don't see any of them turning the corner consistently yet because our opponents (i.e. big men) won't let them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom