Do we see Cochran tomorrow? | The Boneyard

Do we see Cochran tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Tim have a good game but I feel like Casey is the better choice right now. He makes better reads, gets rid of the ball quicker and is very accurate.

How long of a leash does Tim have? You can't win a game if you only put in your most game ready QB when the game is already lost. We have a pretty small sample to go off of, but based on all info available, it seems to me like Casey should be starting.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Have not heard a lot about the QB situation the past 2 weeks. CC did look good, but It's Boyle's job to lose. CC appears to be a more accurate Whitmer with better pocket presence.
If TB struggles, hope TJ gives us best shot to win.

Reaction Score
Three 3 and outs with no turnovers and we are down one score you leave him in hoping for things to click. If it get's to two scores and we aren't moving the ball you make the switch. If we are moving the ball and we are down 2 scores I'd leave TB in. There has to be some production for TB to stay in.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if we'll see a running game and just a better overall tempo on offense. Better blocking and more confidence. And hoping Phillips is close to 100%. I'm just a lot less concerned about who the QB is than the support he gets.

Reaction Score
Very true, we aren't winning this based only on the QB but will need ball control, the return game, a defensive score and an accurate field goal kicker. The main thing from the QB is no turnovers.

Reaction Score
Casey's decision making was flawless and fast two weeks ago, he should be starting. We need to get a read on his potential before the season ends.

Reactions: THC

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in for a few series, especially if our offense is a little stagnant. Evaluate what we got and try to win the game.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Ya know...I just had a blind faith and trust in the coaches on this. (why....I have no idea). I just assumed that if they replaced Whitmer with Boyle..it was because it was obvious that Cochran was not the future and we needed to get TB experience. If it turns out that CC was the better option the whole time...then just wow. Even if it is possible that he is better, why would he not get the shot before Boyle? He has more time in the system and it would protect Boyle's red shirt.

If they play CC and he turns out to be a better option than TB, that would be just another datapoint to prove how inept this coaching staff is with evaluating talent. And further proof....the lack of talent is in the coaching staff...not on the field....despite what Dez and Ed D think.

Reaction Score
Don't forget, Casey probably did not play against the 1st team. As the UCF coach stated, UConn gave them a chance to play a lot of people.......just as UConn commonly did against its marshmellow teams like South Texas.

I'm not taking away from Casey's credentials, Tim would probably do just as well against the UCF reserves if he wasn't so beat up and had an injured thumb.....or whatever it was.

Don't forget, Casey did not do too good against Buffalo when he went in for Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Have not heard a lot about the QB situation the past 2 weeks. CC did look good, but It's Boyle's job to lose. CC appears to be a more accurate Whitmer with better pocket presence.
If TB struggles, hope TJ gives us best shot to win.

If TJ does make a change I think it will be CC, Whitmer hurt his hand in practice. Not serious but maybe enough to keep him out in favor of CC.

Reaction Score
I swore i read an article a few days ago that basically said that Timmy would start, but the leash would be slightly shorter. Maybe it was Silver. I'll see if i can find it.

Theres also a very good chance that i'm imagining this whole thing, and not only did i not read that, but football isn't even a real thing.

Are we in the Matrix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate