Do we run/practice an offense? | The Boneyard

Do we run/practice an offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
all I see is passing around the permitter for 34 seconds and taking a contested shot at the end. Or a shonn Miller post up(which he should get more of fwiw). This reminds me of shabazz bailing us out all the time, but this team has no shabazz.

Reaction Score
all I see is passing around the permitter for 34 seconds and taking a contested shot at the end. Or a shonn Miller post up(which he should get more of fwiw). This reminds me of shabazz bailing us out all the time, but this team has no shabazz.

There isn't much set offense these days. It's all dribble drive. There used to be a lot more motion. Ray and Rip are great examples. They ran back and forth across the court looking for screens. Nobody works for a shot anymore.

Our offense is stagnant. I'll say it again, this team needs Jalen to run the point and get into the paint. There will be a learning curve but we need a skilled guard to open things up or we are going to struggle. He's not there yet but he's got to learn ASAP.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are shooting 50% on the year, so yea, we practice offense

Reaction Score
We have become so guard dominated over the last few years that it seems like we don't run much anymore... There's lots and lots of dribble drive/long jumper bail outs. Started w/ Kemba, then Bazz, then Boat, now Gibbs/Purvis/DHam take turns being the ball stopper. Awful to watch and ineffective.

Reaction Score
You can see Gibbs yelling at guys to move out there. It is very frustrating for a point guard to have everyone stand around and stare at you. I'm happy to see Gibbs get to the rim but I wish he was able to get more set 3's from the wing. That won't happen without another creative guard out there.

Reaction Score
Too streaky. Low bbiq and no shooters. Sometimes its painful.

Uhhh exactly the opposite. We have plenty of shooters(38% from 3) but no finishers at the rim.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
nope

we don't seem to practice rebounding either

we just run around and hoist shots and hope the other team misses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors