Do we know who is the starting QB this week? | The Boneyard

Do we know who is the starting QB this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I only ask as some posters have stated that it is NOT CW - is this fact or fiction?

Not looking for people to read into tweets - thats already been done.

Reaction Score
The two deep hasn't been released yet. Everything else is speculation.

Reaction Score
We started the season rotating 2 QB's on offense, with what appears to me watching, very little thought or care to actually game planning and play calling within the flow of the game, and that's continued from BYU through the Army game - not only that, during the course of the season we upgraded, and started rotating 3 QB's.

If this coaching staff settles on a starting QB, that gets the majority of reps in practices and all of the reps in the game now - when we're 2-7 with 3 games to play and the post season officially gone - I might literally lose my mind.

Well, never mind - not like I haven't lost it already, long time ago, but if they do that - at least I'll try to find it again, so I can lose it again.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am preparing myself for the dreaded 'OR' on the 2-deep. Like Carl, I'll lose my mind if I see Chandler on the field for the majority of snaps on Saturday night.

Reaction Score
If the "OR' shows up, or anything changes at all? I seriously.........IDK. I just don't see it.

I honestly don't expect anything to change. Diaco has been nothing, if not consistent - consistent in his approach to the offense. I would expect Chandler Whitmer to start for a few possesions, sometime in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter, Tim Boyle will come in and try to lead the offense to a first down, and will probably stay in the game as long as he keeps his single possession alive, and that Deshon Foxx will take a couple of direct snaps at some point during the game. This week he'll probably throw the ball too.

Really, if at this point in the season, Diaco actually goes to a starting QB that is getting all the practice reps, and game time reps - it will prove to me that the guy has no idea WTF he is doing when it comes to offensive football. He's already proven to me at least, that he doesn't have any consistency in offensive approach or identity - for this season at least - you can only hope that he will actually have a starting QB, and an offensive system to start implementing next season - so that we can get consistent and effective on offense - but for this season....if the guy changes it now?

Holy duck. I will be looking for Fishy to open up his oven again, so I have a place to feel warm and safe.

Reaction Score
Diaco loves Whitmer. I expect him to keep playing the guy who hasn't earned the position.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Diaco loves Whitmer. I expect him to keep playing the guy who hasn't earned the position.

You are wrong - he earned that position in practice and even though you believe him to be the worst QB ever he has kept the job because he is still better than TB according to a Broyles Award winning coach and his crack staff of asst's -

'they want to play Boyle, they do'...coaches exact words. You are smarter than you are acting - read between the lines.

Reaction Score
You are wrong - he earned that position in practice and even though you believe him to be the worst QB ever he has kept the job because he is still better than TB according to a Broyles Award winning coach and his crack staff of asst's -

'they want to play Boyle, they do'...coaches exact words. You are smarter than you are acting - read between the lines.

Practice, you talkin' about practice, watch the freakin' games. He makes incredibly poor plays with the game on the line. He show no poise or leadership. He can not throw accurately. He runs into pressure as often as he runs out of it. Everyone just sits there waiting for him to make the inevitable fatal mistake. And you talk about practice. Wow.

He may be finest human since Mother Teresa, but has numerous liabilities as a college QB.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I could probably stomach playing Foxx at QB on Saturday more than playing Whitmer if our offense is going to move towards a run-option type next year under Shirreffs or even Davis. Let's get our blocking techniques and RB reads down in a run-option now so we don't have to start everything from scratch all over again in 2015.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Practice, you talkin' about practice, watch the freakin' games. He makes incredibly poor plays with the game on the line. He show no poise or leadership. He can not throw accurately. He runs into pressure as often as he runs out of it. Everyone just sits there waiting for him to make the inevitable fatal mistake. And you talk about practice. Wow.

He may be finest human since Mother Teresa, but has numerous liabilities as a college QB.

No leadership? WOW!!
He looks like the only player on the field that does show any leadership...the only player on the field that shows any 'fire'.
Flaws - absolutely - no leadership, we will agree to disagree.

I would still take him over the QB that has lack of focus and lack of intensity...

"You saw that pass [against Temple], lack of focus, lack of intensity, late down the middle, off target, gets picked," Diaco said. "That's a learning moment." - Bob Diaco

Hopefully the NFL arm has learned alot watching all of Chandlers mistakes.

Reaction Score
No leadership? WOW!!
He looks like the only player on the field that does show any leadership...the only player on the field that shows any 'fire'.

I would still take him over the QB that has lack of focus and lack of intensity...

"You saw that pass [against Temple], lack of focus, lack of intensity, late down the middle, off target, gets picked," Diaco said. "That's a learning moment." - Bob Diaco

I just assume that Pal is trolling the BY and have stopped responding.

Reaction Score
No leadership? WOW!!

This is where you are absolutely wrong.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
This is where you are absolutely wrong.

Maybe an overreaction - name some other players I should watch for Saturday night in the cold, empty stadium showing some fire and I will absolutely admit I am wrong.

Reaction Score
I've been on record saying I think Boyle should get the snaps now that we are "officially" out of bowl contention. And I think that is the "right" thing to do for the program. But I 100% believe that he would do worse than Whitmer if left in for the whole game. So given the fact that I have to spend Saturday night in the cold watching the game (instead of on my couch in the DC area) I actually would like to win the game. So I'm officially torn.

In the best possible scenario, Boyle plays and he is great. And we win. But I think that's unlikely.

Reaction Score
Maybe an overreaction - name some other players I should watch for Saturday night in the cold, empty stadium showing some fire and I will absolutely admit I am wrong.

While #2 Graham Stewart sometimes misses a tackle and isn't the best in pass coverage, he's always fired up. Gives 110% and brings emotion. Brings the fire.

Reaction Score
I could probably stomach playing Foxx at QB on Saturday more than playing Whitmer if our offense is going to move towards a run-option type next year under Shirreffs or even Davis. Let's get our blocking techniques and RB reads down in a run-option now so we don't have to start everything from scratch all over again in 2015.

In baseball they always bring the rookies up from the Farm system at the end of the year to give them a feel for playing on the big stage. Heck I used to do that with my young pitchers in Little League. As much as I would like to see Chandler go out on a positive note, I say give the ball to Tim Boyle and let him go!

On another note. So far the pre season predictions are proving to be true. So nobody should be overly surprised by how things have panned out. My Dad was always a big one for using the expression. "You gotta call a spade a spade" Or the one about if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...cinnati-picked-over-ucf-in-preseason-aac-poll

2014 Football Standings

SCHOOLCONFOVR
Memphis5-17-3
Cincinnati4-16-3
UCF4-16-3
East Carolina3-26-3
Houston3-25-4
Temple3-35-5
USF3-34-6
Tulane2-43-7
Tulsa2-42-8
UConn1-42-7
SMU0-50-9

Reaction Score
Overreaction and an incorrect statement. If anything it is a total 180 from what we all saw last year and years prior. Look for Ron Johnson, (if he is on the field) G. Davis, Obi, Vann, Frank, Adams and countless others. I don't need to even mention Diaco, that is a given.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Overreaction and an incorrect statement. If anything it is a total 180 from what we all saw last year and years prior. Look for Ron Johnson, (if he is on the field) G. Davis, Obi, Vann, Frank, Adams and countless others. I don't need to even mention Diaco, that is a given.

Fair enough - I was incorrect. I might disagree on a couple but point taken.

Diaco doesnt count...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If this season is about building culture, then I want to see a culure where the best guys play and every game matters.

It is customary for bowl practices to focus on younger guys coming up and then there is a whole offseason to work on next year. Do that if you must.

We're still paying money for these games. Go win some of them. The attendance for next year needs work, too.

Reaction Score
If this season is about building culture, then I want to see a culure where the best guys play and every game matters.

It is customary for bowl practices to focus on younger guys coming up and then there is a whole offseason to work on next year. Do that if you must.

We're still paying money for these games. Go win some of them. The attendance for next year needs work, too.

I may not be much but it may create more buzz and interest if Boyle is announced as the starter. The core fan base would
be very interested in seeing how Boyle does for the entire game.

Whitmer should understand. Forget about the one play. A loss against Army knocked UCONN out of the playoff picture and opened the door wide open for Boyle to start. My prediction is that Boyle will be announced the starter for the Cincinnati game. This is not about individuals, it's about the team, now and going forward.

Reaction Score
No leadership? WOW!!

I disagree 1000%. Vann show leadership and fire. On offense I don't think anyone stands out as a leader.

I saw that pass against Army. When everything was on the line. When the team needed leadership and poise. And that's after three years with close to 20 starts. And you still take that over the other QBs. I would take Foxx ahead of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom