Do we know which woman's players are going to the Calhoun Alumni Game tomorrow? | The Boneyard

Do we know which woman's players are going to the Calhoun Alumni Game tomorrow?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe Abromosiva will be there again. Anyone else?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
An article from a couple of weeks ago said that Svet and Nykesha were 'expected' to attend....and play.
The same article may have suggested that a few more might be there.
I hope if any Boneyarder goes tonight we will see a full report on anything and everything.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
upload_2018-8-11_7-39-33.png
Catch up with Sveta: Catching Up With Former UConn Star Svetlana Abrosimova

For Sveta UConn is still "we."

Do you still keep up with UConn women’s basketball?

“Yes, I try to come to Final Fours as much as possible and since we’re so good, we always make the Final Four, so it’s easy to schedule. I talk to Coach [Geno] Auriemma a lot. I work with a Russian national team right now; I’m the general manager for the team so I’m following USA Basketball and UConn players who will make USA Basketball. It’s just amazing how one program can have all these star players, and every year they just come out and they perform at the best level always. The more years pass, the more I’m impressed by them.”

"....
It’s the best part that happened to me — coming here.”

CL82

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Svet had two kids. She's still incredibly fit. She looked great out there.

This is first time I've gone to this event. It is incredibly fun and it's clear that the players really enjoy it. Does anyone know what triggered the women coming to event over the last couple of years? The camaraderie between all male and female, players from different eras, etc., make this an really special event. I wonder if there is another one like it at any other school. If you have gone, you should. It's special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wish I had known about this event. Would have loved to attend. Likely a result of the vetting process Geno mandates, but never fully understood why UConn Women's team didn't get more international players. If I wanted to be best in world, I would self recruit to UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wish I had known about this event. Would have loved to attend. Likely a result of the vetting process Geno mandates, but never fully understood why UConn Women's team didn't get more international players. If I wanted to be best in world, I would self recruit to UConn.

As Sveta said: "It’s the best part that happened to me — coming here.” Is there anything left to say?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Two great people and yes, at times, they can be difficult. But I'd say it's worth the pain.

900x506

"You didn't bring me here to pass." :D

Reaction Score
View attachment 33644 Catch up with Sveta: Catching Up With Former UConn Star Svetlana Abrosimova

For Sveta UConn is still "we."

Do you still keep up with UConn women’s basketball?

“Yes, I try to come to Final Fours as much as possible and since we’re so good, we always make the Final Four, so it’s easy to schedule. I talk to Coach [Geno] Auriemma a lot. I work with a Russian national team right now; I’m the general manager for the team so I’m following USA Basketball and UConn players who will make USA Basketball. It’s just amazing how one program can have all these star players, and every year they just come out and they perform at the best level always. The more years pass, the more I’m impressed by them.”

"....
It’s the best part that happened to me — coming here.”
I hope she finds some jewel to send over. There was an article many years ago talking about a young 6’3” kid that could jump out of the gym. Not sure what happened to that one, but surely Svet would recommend the right kid.

CL82

Reaction Score
Two great people and yes, at times, they can be difficult. But I'd say it's worth the pain.

900x506

"You didn't bring me here to pass." :D
Best part is JC seems to be agreeing with her.

CL82

Reaction Score
In August, every other year Jim. Look for it in 2020. (Geesh can't believe I'm talking about 2020 and I don't own a Jetsons flying car.:eek:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom