OT: Do Minnesota Gopher football players risk losing their scholarships by boycotting team activity | The Boneyard

OT: Do Minnesota Gopher football players risk losing their scholarships by boycotting team activity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am curious as to the obligations of the university in lieu of the players boycott. Anyone else have any idea?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, they risk it. I doubt it will happen. All scholarships are an annual renewal.

Reaction Score
Another case of the prisoners running the prison. If the powers that be knuckle under I believe more will follow

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The players relented; from their follow up statement it seems they were convinced there was substantial evidence the players under suspension may be guilty.

Reaction Score
The players relented; from their follow up statement it seems they were convinced there was substantial evidence the players under suspension may be guilty.

I missed their statement, need to go find it. Thought it odd for them to even think of boycotting when rape and sexual assault are part of the investigation.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I missed their statement, need to go find it. Thought it odd for them to even think of boycotting when rape and sexual assault are part of the investigation.
Well a couple of things 1) they had not yet read the University's investigation report it seems. It's after they read it that they changed their stance. and 2) the allegations did not lead to any criminal charges.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I thought so, too. I'm glad they reconsidered. It's disconcerting that with no legal consequences that these athletes may feel they "got away" with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom