Do any college coaches do this? | The Boneyard

Do any college coaches do this?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
When I taught math I had students write a paragraph for each answer they got wrong, explaining why they got it wrong. This worked for two reasons:

1). They hated doing it

2) They did a better job in the future not making careless mistakes.

This helped me as a teacher to understand their mistakes, and helped the students reflect on these mistakes.

MOST of their answers showed they understood the question, but they had made careless mistakes, which are the easiest to fix. It was frustrating as a teacher to read, "Oh, I added instead of multiplying."

As a coach for 30 years I did the same with my team. I had kids not playing, chart matches and they "conferenced" with the player before s/he (I coached both boys and girls tennis) wrote about why they lost.

It worked both in class and for the players. I'm wondering if having the basketball players watch a game they just played and write about their mistakes and what they should have done differently would help. One thing I've noticed in the few games I've watched is the turnovers are mostly just careless mistakes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sounds like a win-win strategy. Put it on peers and have them realize solutions and implement the changes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom