DL Travis Jones on 2021 Bednarik Award Watch List | The Boneyard

DL Travis Jones on 2021 Bednarik Award Watch List

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Read in one of the other articles recently linked how Jones and VanDenmark basically just got their redshirt last season that they didn't get as freshmen.

These two players I think represent the high end of UConn's talent.

Reaction Score
Read in one of the other articles recently linked how Jones and VanDenmark basically just got their redshirt last season that they didn't get as freshmen.

These two players I think represent the high end of UConn's talent.

I'd throw Rose in there as well. Hopefully he is fully recovered from the pec injury. All three have a shot at the next level.

Possibly Omar Fortt too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd throw Rose in there as well. Hopefully he is fully recovered from the pec injury. All three have a shot at the next level.

Possibly Omar Fortt too.

Good catch. Wasn't meant to be an exhaustive or exclusionary list but I do think Jones and Van Demark will be first two Huskies taken in next year's draft.

Reaction Score

Happy for Travis. There are some guys when you are around in person, you say to yourself, he’s a really big dude. In Travis’s case the thing that impresses Chief is how thick he is. You get a sense he can’t be moved by a blocker.
As an aside, Appalachian State, Central Michigan and San Diego State all have 2 nominees; just like Alabama and Clemson. Pretty amazing.

Reaction Score
Possibly Omar Fortt too.
Omar Fortt should be a standout. He’s always had great speed and instinct for the ball but with his upper body weakness couldn’t hold on for the tackle. That’s over now after his strength training. He’s now much closer to being an NFL prospect than an NFL pipe dream.

Reaction Score
Omar Fortt should be a standout. He’s always had great speed and instinct for the ball but with his upper body weakness couldn’t hold on for the tackle. That’s over now after his strength training. He’s now much closer to being an NFL prospect than an NFL pipe dream.
If this is true it bodes well for us overall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcs1228

Top Bottom