Division I men’s college hockey attendance surges in 2022-23 | The Boneyard

Division I men’s college hockey attendance surges in 2022-23

Reaction Score
Kind of points out why a couple of well attended games at the XL Center can help move us up the list. I also think we need to play there so Connecticut hockey fans can get a chance to see the Huskies. It will help keep our profile high. The disadvantage of such a small home rink is it limits the number of folks who can see us in person.

We we 25th in the country last year with an average attendance larger than our on campus venue. (3,114) Full NCAA hockey attendance is linked below.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I also think we need to play there so Connecticut hockey fans can get a chance to see the Huskies. It will help keep our profile high.
I'm for playing at the HCC when the students aren't on campus, same as I feel for the basketball teams. My only caveat here is maybe play the teams that travel well at the HCC as well, like BC. The small size of Toscano kind of forces the occasional HCC game to maximize ticket sales.
As a non-season ticket holder, will I ever get to go to a game at Toscano?

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I did last year.
Is there a key to getting a ticket? I sort of figured between students and season ticket holders there'd be no room for my sorry arse.

Reaction Score
Is there a key to getting a ticket? I sort of figured between students and season ticket holders there'd be no room for my sorry arse.

BT: I'll be away for 11 days next February. I'll gladly sell you my two tickets at cost once the schedule is released. Keep me in mind and we'll talk later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
BT: I'll be away for 11 days next February. I'll gladly sell you my two tickets at cost once the schedule is released. Keep me in mind and we'll talk later.
That would be great. The hard part will be my swiss cheese brain remembering. I better add it to some calendar.
My luck is they'll have road games while you're gone. If it weren't for bad luck.....

Reaction Score
Kind of points out why a couple of well attended games at the XL Center can help move us up the list. I also think we need to play there so Connecticut hockey fans can get a chance to see the Huskies. It will help keep our profile high. The disadvantage of such a small home rink is it limits the number of folks who can see us in person.

We we 25th in the country last year with an average attendance larger than our on campus venue. (3,114) Full NCAA hockey attendance is linked below.

The listed capacity and capacity factor for UConn are in error. They should have calculated a weighted average capacity before calculating a capacity factor.

Reaction Score
I'm for playing at the HCC when the students aren't on campus, same as I feel for the basketball teams. My only caveat here is maybe play the teams that travel well at the HCC as well, like BC. The small size of Toscano kind of forces the occasional HCC game to maximize ticket sales.
As a non-season ticket holder, will I ever get to go to a game at Toscano?

UConn also ought to consider having its sales crew focus on groups such as youth, high school and beer league teams to help fill the HCC since that can't be a thing at Tuscano. Make it so the place is rocking every time. With a small number of dates this can totally happen and make the venue a special place for fans and the team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just went to the ticket site. Let's hope they sell all the seats but there will be some available for the public at some time during the proceedings. And tickets get returned and sold again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom