Division I Council is expected to approve a blanket waiver granting immediate eligibility to all college hoops transfers | The Boneyard

Division I Council is expected to approve a blanket waiver granting immediate eligibility to all college hoops transfers

Reaction Score

I know most players who applied for transfers waivers got approved but many didn't so this would given them immediate relief. Example I know of would be Jaden Owens from Baylor. There are others who didn't apply but they would be given the green light if they wanted to.

Reaction Score
Finally the NCAA is doing the fair thing for every transfer, not just for "you know who". :rolleyes:

muffet-animated-gif.53430

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas' Lauren Ebo was denied her waiver request, and her appeal. Very strange as another Penn State transfer who ended up at Seton Hall had her request approved.

It was my understanding that Jaden Owens did not submit a waiver request. and neither did their Penn State transfer, Kamaria McDaniel

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I haven't seen these names in a box score so far so they either did not apply for a waiver or were denied: Maori Davenport at Georgia, Jazmine Massengill at Kentucky and Zaay Green at Texas A&M

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I haven't seen these names in a box score so far so they either did not apply for a waiver or were denied: Maori Davenport at Georgia, Jazmine Massengill at Kentucky and Zaay Green at Texas A&M
Green and Massengill were intra-confernce transfers, I believe. So, they'd need a waiver from the SEC conference to be immediately eligible.

Reaction Score
Texas' Lauren Ebo was denied her waiver request, and her appeal. Very strange as another Penn State transfer who ended up at Seton Hall had her request approved.
I really don’t get this. The NCAA isn’t consistent and is unfair to a lot of teams and players

I know Kim didn’t request for Owens and McDaniel to get waived for immediate eligibility, not sure why as this year wouldn’t count against them. McDaniel isn’t available anyways since her ACL injury. Owens though could be used pretty soon if ncaa passes that relief.

Reaction Score

It was my understanding that Jaden Owens did not submit a waiver request. and neither did their Penn State transfer, Kamaria McDaniel
She did! Kim mulkey gave an interview today that she and Owens fought for it!

Reaction Score
I really don’t get this. The NCAA isn’t consistent and is unfair to a lot of teams and players

I know Kim didn’t request for Owens and McDaniel to get waived for immediate eligibility, not sure why as this year wouldn’t count against them. McDaniel isn’t available anyways since her ACL injury. Owens though could be used pretty soon if ncaa passes that relief.
Kim fought for Owens but McDaniel couldn’t because of a Baylor rule where she didn’t finish academically at penn state or something like that she gave an interview yesterday talking about it

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Buck up. MM. Now you can transfer to ESPN if you want to. :p

In all seriousness and I will probably take some heat but I think she is a great analyst from what I have seen on ACCN. :oops:

Reaction Score
Baylor would benefit a lot from Owens being available
Baylor really needs someone who can knock down the long ball with some consistency, since Owens only made 10 of the 42 three’s she took and is still unproven as a point guard I can’t see how she would help the team, if anything she would probably take away minutes from Andrews who hasn’t looked that impressive yet.

Reaction Score
Baylor really needs someone who can knock down the long ball with some consistency, since Owens only made 10 of the 42 three’s she took and is still unproven as a point guard I can’t see how she would help the team, if anything she would probably take away minutes from Andrews who hasn’t looked that impressive yet.

she really didn’t get many minutes at UCLA. Jury is obviously still out on her but maybe she can be a spark and have a Chasity Patterson type impact where she will excel once she gets more minutes and experience. They honestly need more depth at this time. J. Oliver hasn’t stepped up and Andrew’s isn’t ready at this time.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'm not in favor of it but it's not a battle I can influence or stop. The genie is about to be out of the bottle completely after creeping out for many years. I definitely think it's a "be careful what you wish for" scenario for coaches and programs but oh well.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Eh, I'm not in favor of it but it's not a battle I can influence or stop. The genie is about to be out of the bottle completely after creeping out for many years. I definitely think it's a "be careful what you wish for" scenario for coaches and programs but oh well.

I feel like we are already there. Watching the A&M game and the Kentucky game and it felt like everyone on the court was a transfer

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I feel like we are already there. Watching the A&M game and the Kentucky game and it felt like everyone on the court was a transfer
I had the same thought. It feels like this year about two-thirds of the all-SEC team could be transfers. Lord knows they needed the help after how low the conference was last year.

Reaction Score
We need her to take over at point guard so didi can thrive at the 3 spot for us! We sorely miss her there!

Reaction Score
Also
We need her to take over at point guard so didi can thrive at the 3 spot for us! We sorely miss her there!
dijonai and moon ursin are going to be our main 3 point shooters now! Moon has hit 5-9 from deep this season so hopefully it’ll give her more confidence to let it fly from deep

Reaction Score
I had the same thought. It feels like this year about two-thirds of the all-SEC team could be transfers. Lord knows they needed the help after how low the conference was last year.

The freshmen class last year honestly were the best players in the SEC. Boston and Cooke (SC), R. Jackson and Matharu (M. State), Blackwell and Frank (Missouri), Briggs (Florida), Love (Vanderbilt). A lot of very good players, it will take another couple years of strong recruiting like this and hopefully better coaching (new coaches) to get the SEC back towards the top.

The use of transfers to build and supplement everyones rosters are becoming more common through all of college athletics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom