Disney Golf | The Boneyard

Disney Golf

Reaction Score
Going down to Orlando next week. Has anyone played any of the Disney courses?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’ve played oak trail, the palm, and lake Buena vista over the years. Oak trail is 9 holes and easier which was great for me for taking my daughter, because I’m a huge hack. The other two are championship courses and are beautiful. They were hard for me but take that with a grain of salt. Anyway, they are all impeccably immaculate, like everything else at Disney. I Remember the palm being exceptionally beautiful.

I think there is at least one more I haven’t played.

Reaction Score
Thanks, I'll be playing with my son- he's really good golf team and everything, me not so much. If I'm going to play might as well enjoy the scenery.

Reaction Score
Going down to Orlando next week. Has anyone played any of the Disney courses?
Played Lake Buena Vista (stayed about 500’ from the clubhouse). It’s the oldest course. Shorter than Magnolia and Palm courses. We were there about 5 weeks after the hurricane in October 2017. Course had some damage but was decent for early November being compared to CT. Better hit straight and long down there.

Reaction Score
My favorite course on property used to be a Disney course. It used to be called Osprey Ridge . There actually were two courses but when Four Seasons built their resort they took over Osprey and renamed it Tranquilo Golf Club. Every once in awhile they offer a nice discount and it’s about the same as the Disney courses.
If you’re staying on site a nice benefit is they provide free taxi service to and from the course. Just go to the stand and they will call up a cab and give you a voucher.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I distinctly recall playing two Disney courses, but as neither of them were memorable at all (nor was my play on those days, apparently) except for the stupid Mickey Mouse-shaped green. Anyway, they're not on my top 100 list. You will be near Celebration, which is a pretty good track if you can put out of your mind that you're in perhaps the creepiest town in America.

edit: Now that I think about it some more, the courses I enjoyed most down there were Shingle Creek by the Convention Center, along with ChampionsGate, which isn't actually in Orlando, but is a short drive away. Then again, I never played any of the Nicklaus courses and I generally enjoy his designs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've played Magnolia. It was OK. It was a week or so after a PGA tournament and the greens were like lightning. But that is the only thing I remember since it was probably 8 years ago. I was down in Orlando about a month ago and played the Waldorf Astoria course. Highly recommend.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all of your input, will pass it in to my son and let him choose

Reaction Score
The Disney courses are fine, not necessarily spectacular. If willing to drive 30 mins, recommend Southern Dunes (owned by Dewey Tomko) or Harmony Preserve.

Reaction Score
Kathy, I played both Magnolia and Palms at our national meetings 4 years ago. I played Magnolia after the PGA and it was a nice course as was Palms. The layouts on both tracks were good and fun. Both long to very long, very soft not lots of roll which this old man needs. Funny want you to have a blast but I can say this, neither were what I thought they'd be since they were owned by Disney. Not sure why but just not that picturesque, unbelievably manicured course I expected. Having said that even begin short of my expectations they were very nice.

Have fun can't go wrong.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Kathy, I played both Magnolia and Palms at our national meetings 4 years ago. I played Magnolia after the PGA and it was a nice course as was Palms. The layouts on both tracks were good and fun. Both long to very long, very soft not lots of roll which this old man needs. Funny want you to have a blast but I can say this, neither were what I thought they'd be since they were owned by Disney. Not sure why but just not that picturesque, unbelievably manicured course I expected. Having said that even begin short of my expectations they were very nice.

Have fun can't go wrong.

Played Lake Buena Vista 3 weeks ago. As others have noted, its fine (but hit it straight), though it’s not particularly memorable. I will say the greens were in great condition and surprisingly fast.

Magnolia is similar. Osprey Ridge was definitely Disney’s top course before it went to Four Seasons to be rebranded as Tranquillo.

Streamsong’s definitely Florida’s gold standard / bucket-list destination, but it’s certainly a drive.

Orange County Nat’l however is only 20 mins from Disney and has Orlando’s best 2 courses IMO.

If you’re playing in the morning, it could feel pretty cool, so dress in layers...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nothing like a Florida Golf Course.

Yep. Never seen a gator that big but have seen plenty of others that can do more than remove a limb from a human. Plenty of moccasins and rattlesnakes too.

You have to be a complete fool to go reaching in to shrubs or bushes or go along a water line unprotected.

Reaction Score
Due to snakes, alligators etc it is a good thing I hit them straight, just not as far as I would like.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Due to snakes, alligators etc it is a good thing I hit them straight, just not as far as I would like.

Good or bad, most Florida courses are target golf. And mostly flat. Gets boring which is why courses like Streamsong are such a rarity and worth the play.

Straight is rarely a bad choice.

Reaction Score
I distinctly recall playing two Disney courses, but as neither of them were memorable at all (nor was my play on those days, apparently) except for the stupid Mickey Mouse-shaped green. Anyway, they're not on my top 100 list. You will be near Celebration, which is a pretty good track if you can put out of your mind that you're in perhaps the creepiest town in America.

My in-laws live in Celebration and it's really not that bad. Yes, it's forced Americana and strange parades every night etc, but it's also impeccably clean, well-kept, and somehow feels like a city-sized resort. Not sure if that's creepy or not. The food sucks though. Complete mediocrity at every restaurant.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My in-laws live in Celebration and it's really not that bad. Yes, it's forced Americana and strange parades every night etc, but it's also impeccably clean, well-kept, and somehow feels like a city-sized resort. Not sure if that's creepy or not. The food sucks though. Complete mediocrity at every restaurant.

There is a creepy Stepford quality to the place, IMO. I felt pressure to replace my divots perfectly.

Reaction Score
There is a creepy Stepford quality to the place, IMO. I felt pressure to replace my divots perfectly.
You should always replace them perfectly. And don’t drag your feet on the greens!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've played the course on the Goofy Sports Deck.

The wind is ridiculous.

IMG-0174.jpg

Rasputin

The Mad Monk
Reaction Score
I have done many golf trips to Orlando and played all of the Disney courses. They are all nice. As noted above, Orange County National, Champions Gate, Shingle Creek and Celebration are also great courses, as is Reunion. However, my personal favorite is "The New Course" at Grand Cypress. It is a Scottish links course designed by Jack Nicholas as a homage to the Old Course at St Andrews. Some of the fairways are wider than they are long, which is always good for a hacker like me.

Reaction Score
Playing 9 at the "New Course" grand cypress, let you know how it goes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom