Dishin & Swishin Podcast: the Directors of Pat XO | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: the Directors of Pat XO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What they did was capture an image of Summitt that shows the different facets of a complex woman, through the eyes of the people who she has touched throughout their lives. It is a moving portrayal of the coach and administrator, the mother and mother figure, the friend and trailblazer.

In today’s Dishin & Swishin podcast [Lisa] Lax and [Nancy] Stern Winters discuss their inspiration for making the film Pat XO, the contributions of Tyler Summitt, the former players Summitt impacted and more. If you have seen the film, many disposable video cameras were used, sent to various participants to film and record their thoughts. The sisters discuss the use of this innovative technique and why it was so successful. It took two years to put Pat XO together, and the connection between director and subject is clear and evident in the final product.

http://j.mp/1bvxn59

PS If anyone has a Summitt account and wouldn't mind posting over there about this, I'd appreciate it.

Reaction Score
I - on balance - very much enjoyed the show. Given Pat's condition it's flavor is bittsweet.

The only thing I DID NOT like was the, often, poor quality of the video interviews (I now realize they were - essentially - selfies). The story was worthy of better and, frankly, I couldn't understand some of the audio comments.

Reaction Score
I thought the disposable video cams led a hominess, an intimacy, to the project. I think they would have gotten more "canned" interviews with a whole crew coming in and setting up lights, etc.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kind of reminded me too much of the Blair Witch Project.

Reaction Score
Two things struck me. First, the name of the piece, "Pat XO". When I first saw it, I thought they were referring to the genotype XO, gonadal dysgenysis, a genetic condition where a sex chromosome is missing. Because of this confusion, calling it Pat XO was an exceedingly bad decision.

The second item was the story about Pat, being on a plane in labor, refusing to land in Virginia because no way was her child going to be born in Virginia. She wanted her child to be born in Tennessee. Seemed like a silly reason to incur such a health risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom