Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Nneka & Chiney, Ros...hoops & heritage | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Nneka & Chiney, Ros...hoops & heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New Podcast is up!

I had a great time with this one. Started out talking Pink Room with Ros Gold-Onwude, and discussion turned to her time trying out for the Nigerian national team this summer.

When I told her I was going to interview Nneka and Chiney Ogwumike the next day, she told me how much their heritage meant to them.

So the conversation with the sisters is fascinating stuff; not just the standard hoops discussion but also talk about their Nigerian background, annual trips home and more.

Really interesting stuff from all three guests. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...ps-the-pink-room-and-their-nigerian-heritage/

Reaction Score
An absolutely excellent podcast. Three outstanding young ladies. Your description of the podcast being really interesting sells it short. It was interesting, informative, insightful, and introspective. As mentioned in a previous thread, I am not very well traveled, but feel as if I have been to and experienced every corner of the world through the eyes and ears of others fortunate enough to have these experiences who are also willing to share their experiences in personal and intimate detail.

It is sincerely hoped that Nigeria gets to compete in the 2012 Olympics and that the team includes Ms Gold-Onwude.

Reaction Score
Thank you so much! The sisters really are charming, delightful student-athletes, and I just love chatting with Ros anytime, anywhere.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for listening!

Reaction Score
Great stuff! I love Ros and O sisters! They are all extremely articulate, funny and awesome ballers!

Ros Is a favrote because during her early yrs at Stanford, she and Tara didn't see eye to eye which often put Ros in the dog house. She also missed 1 yr. due to knee injury, but to her' credit, she worked very hard and never gave up physically and mentally. She stayed to play her 5th and earned Defensive Player of Year in the conf. We don't make 2 F4s without Ros!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
was Ros the HS kid out of NY?... (dont feel like googling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom