Dishin & Swishin 12/27/16 Podcast: Can Brenda Frese & Maryland knock off undefeated UConn? | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin 12/27/16 Podcast: Can Brenda Frese & Maryland knock off undefeated UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When Maryland won the national championship in 2006, it was an extraordinary team of two sophomores, one junior and two freshmen that did it. This year’s group is as tenacious and has the benefit of senior leadership coach Frese says on this week’s Dishin & Swishin podcast. Can they go the distance as well?

It is a pleasure to welcome coach Frese back to Dishin & Swishin! Some of the topics covered in this podcast are:

- The similarities between this year’s team and the 2006 championship team
- Jones and Walker-Kimbrough performing at such a high level, even doing more than expected
- Slocum being one of the top freshmen in the country, and her importance, especially against UConn
- UConn’s success this season, is it surprising, and Maryland’s willingness to play the Huskies each year, while some other schools waited for “the Big Three” to graduate
- Criticism of her early season non-conference schedule, and why it was scheduled that way
- The Big Ten conference this season and expectations

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Well thanks for listening! I appreciate the kind words.

Of course. I'm glad you asked about the "soft" non conference. I realize that every team and coach has their reasons for scheduling that way. As a fan of wcbb I would like to see Maryland schedule Baylor/Texas or South Carolina/Tennessee in the non conference. That can be said for other top teams as well. Thanks again. Always enjoy listening.

Reaction Score
Of course. I'm glad you asked about the "soft" non conference. I realize that every team and coach has their reasons for scheduling that way. As a fan of wcbb I would like to see Maryland schedule Baylor/Texas or South Carolina/Tennessee in the non conference. That can be said for other top teams as well. Thanks again. Always enjoy listening.

I wish EVERYONE would schedule tough teams throughout the OOC portion, it would grow the game. Unfortunately not everyone is Geno, Staley, Aston at Texas or Cori Close at UCLA.

What I discovered is Maryland has three Top 25 ooc games before conference play - Arizona State, Louisville, and UConn. Unfortunately, that seems about the average for top teams. Notre Dame has three. Baylor has five this year. Mississippi State has one. Florida State I believe has three.

So unfortunately that seems to be the norm these days.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I wish EVERYONE would schedule tough teams throughout the OOC portion, it would grow the game. Unfortunately not everyone is Geno, Staley, Aston at Texas or Cori Close at UCLA.

What I discovered is Maryland has three Top 25 ooc games before conference play - Arizona State, Louisville, and UConn. Unfortunately, that seems about the average for top teams. Notre Dame has three. Baylor has five this year. Mississippi State has one. Florida State I believe has three.

So unfortunately that seems to be the norm these days.

It's my impression that we've been treated to more top-10 or top-15 matchups this season than in previous seasons, and more than in the men's college game. It's easy to knock Frese for the bulk of her OOC schedule, but hey, at least she did schedule UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom